USB Loader freezes half the time

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Jimmybwii, Jan 10, 2010.

Jan 10, 2010
  1. Jimmybwii
    OP

Newcomer Jimmybwii Newbie

United States
    Hi everyone

I have managed to softmod my wii and successfully used USB loader to make a backup of wii sports and New Super Mario Bros.

The problem I am having is that half the time I start up USB loader from homebrew it freezes on the black screen before it can even start, forcing me to pull the power cord out of my wii. The other half of the time it works perfectly. The USB Loader app is kept on a micro SD card and launched from Homebrew.

I am not sure if it is the USB loader app or Homebrew that has the problem. Once homebrew froze just after I clicked the start button for it.

Any ideas why this might be happening and what I could do about it? I have done quite a bit of searching the forums but usually people are talking about USB Loader freezing during copy or when using it to launch a game, or during a game. Not freezing before it can even start and only half the time.

BTW, I suspect that often pulling out the power cord may harm my wii, would that be correct?

Thanks

Jim

2. GameSoul

Member GameSoul youtube.com/variantdevil

United States
    I think pulling the power cord isn't the best idea. Is there something wrong with your power button?

As for the USB Loader, have you tried others like GX, Configurable, Wiiflow?

3. Jimmybwii
    OP

United States
    Hi Gamesoul,

Thanks for your reply. I haven't tried any others yet, I have just looked up wiiflow as you mentioned and will give that a go. It just seems funny to me that it works perfectly half the time and the other half not at all. I would have thought that if something wasn't right it would simply not work period but obviously something is wrong. If the problem really isn't very common perhaps it's simply the micro DS card I keep USB loader on. Maybe it's faulty and I should buy another one.

Thanks

Jim

Posts merged

Oh, in answer to your other question, I have to pull the power cord out because once it freezes on the black screen the power button doesn't have any effect. Otherwise the power button works fine.

Jim

4. Hatsu

Banned Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Australia
    [​IMG]
    Have you tried holding the Power button down for more than 4 seconds?

5. Jimmybwii
    OP

United States
    Hi Hatsu

No, I usually just give the button a quick press. See, I knew I was a noob! [​IMG] I will try doing that next time.

Cheers

Jim