djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fixed the boxart requests all asking for pal games - sorry about that guys.

Next is to tidy up the regions and i need to see if we can go with the 4 letter code for the games as i believe thats all thats really required , but need some input from the coders on what way is best to go for them if they want to auto download the images

dlxowhd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey djtaz, this is really nice.
i just started using the box cover, so this is kinda new to me..
anyway, are you taking request / error report?

mistakes:
naruto clash of ninja revolution (ntsc) has cover for naruto clash 2.
mlb power pros (ntsc) has cover for mlb power pros 2008 (they are 2 different games).

and the covers i'm missing:
carnival games: mini golf (ntsc-u)
lego star wars (ntsc-u)
mlb power pros (ntsc-u)
naruto clash of ninja revolution (ntsc-u)
order up (ntsc-u)
donkey kong jungle beat (ntsc-j)
illvelo wii (ntsc-j)
samurai spirits rokuban shoubu (nstc-j)

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wiigee said:
djtaz said:
Right - thats them all done for ya.

cheers tazzie from both me and my tall hot swedish supermodel twin sister

Erm... your a guy arent ya ? *shudders*
your welcome , i think.

That new request system makes things nice and fast
biggrin.gif

MrFaust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I downloaded a zip of all the NTSC-U covers this morning. There were plenty of covers that were using the PAL cover instead of the NTSC-U. There were TONS of covers that were blurry. So I spent a good part of the day tracking down better quality images, resizing and saving. Here is a 31mb pack properly named.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MrFaust said:
Ok, I downloaded a zip of all the NTSC-U covers this morning. There were plenty of covers that were using the PAL cover instead of the NTSC-U. There were TONS of covers that were blurry. So I spent a good part of the day tracking down better quality images, resizing and saving. Here is a 31mb pack properly named.

Thanks Faust - ill upload them now
I got rid of all the wrong region ones today on the site - they SHOULD all be correct now :s
I think.

squidward

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to add my sincere thanks to everyone working on this. This is a phenomenal amount of progress in such a short period of time. I get chills looking at my Wii with the covers appearing as I scroll through the list sitting right next to my full size MAME arcade machine that does the same thing. Really awesome.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Request:

Game Name : We Rock: Drum King
Nintendo Game ID : RUKPGT
Region: PAL

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SpaceJump said:
Request:

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

There is a request section on the site now - can u fill in the requests there as it makes it a lot easier for everyone doing the images to get them onto the site - theres no double postings and then u click upload it auto fills in the game name and ID so for image makers its so much faster and easier.

Once its gone from the list it means its on the site as the list checks if a game has been uploaded and skips that game even though its technically still on the list.

Posts merged

QUOTE(OuahOuah @ Apr 12 2009, 09:41 AM) RQTP6U = RQTP6V = Agatha Christie PAL, need the V in the site
wink.gif

If u download the RQTP6U and try it , does it work for you ?
Some of the coders only use the first 4 digits of the name so RQTP should be enough for most loaders to see the cover.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
squidward said:
1. When I have a game that doesn't have an image, the "blank" or "noimage" does not appear, but rather the previous covers image remains on the screen. Perhaps I am interpreting the "blank" and "noimage" incorrectly. What I am familiar with is that the "blank" is present at all times and when a game is highlighted and that game has a game cover, then the game cover overwrites or appears over the top of the blank. So in this case I am guessing the blank image should be renamed for any images that do not yet have a game cover. So in essence I need to create the "blank" image myself. Is that the intent or do I have the setup wrong somehow?
blank.png is the file that wipes the image before it as it loads a new image , but only while it loads it.
noimage.png is the image used when a file hasnt got any image - you need both.
Not sure if that helps ,but try using a normal image and rename it to 'noimage.png' (case matters) and see if that works - if so let me know and ill throw up a noimage for you.

squidward said:
2. Also, does the name of the disc image "wrap" to a second line if needed? I created an image of "Disney Sing It: High School Musical 3: Senior Year (E)" [Insert girl/loser joke here -- but it's for my daughter -- I swear]. The text showed until it ran out of space but then there was a blank line before the next game. So it looked like it wanted to "wrap" but somehow didn't. Just curious. For now I'll keep the filenames shorter and maybe I can drop the ESRB Game Rating off the back if the game images are going to show them. (I like to be able to see the rating of the game and be sure it's appropriate for the audience.)
The loader on that site isnt mine - i just uploaded it cause it worked well and i wanted to mirror it for ease of use for people. It does try to wrap the name but fails hence the space - i had the same issue and i used the WBFS PC tool to rename the game so it had a shorter name - that fixed it for me.

squidward said:
3. Lastly when I enter the USB Loader and hit Home, it takes me back to the WAD Manager. I think it would be more intuitive to return to the System Menu.
Again, thank you all so much for your hard work.
Again - wasnt my loader and its just there to keep people happy until i see a version that stores the images on the HD instead of the SD card and auto downloads the images for you is released. Once that can be made into a wad im a happy man.

QUOTE(squidward @ Apr 12 2009, 05:20 AM)
4. One last question, (and again off-topic for this game images thread so please be kind and point me to somewhere better), and I know absolutely nothing about WBFS, but will it ever be possible to download a RAR set that can be extracted in the WBFS file format so that I would be able to copy and paste the game image file rather than importing the ISO? Or said another way, can I pull the WBFS compatible files off of the hard drive to back them up? The process right now I am following is to re-create the game ISO's from my backup DVD's and then convert and transfer them to the hard drive through WBFS Manager 2.1. I am concerned that all of my time will be lost if that hard drive has a failure or issue and would like to backup the files/game images on the WBFS drive. Perhaps something like a Virtual PC environment could allow for a virtual WBFS environment where the hard drive has files that can be copied and pasted and RAR'ed. For now I plan to setup my hard drive, try to find some disc cloning software and clone the hard drive to another. In fact, I might just buy 5 or 10 of them, clone them all and make some very excellent birthday/Christmas gifts. Thoughts?
I have the same issues as you - i used the wii to directly copy the games to disc and that was quite fast but has stopped working lately - i havent had time to research a tool to get the images off the WBFS format drive yet, but one may exist.Just so you know , giving cloned HD's for xmas is illegal
wink.gif

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
djtaz said:
SpaceJump said:
Request:

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

There is a request section on the site now - can u fill in the requests there as it makes it a lot easier for everyone doing the images to get them onto the site - theres no double postings and then u click upload it auto fills in the game name and ID so for image makers its so much faster and easier.

Once its gone from the list it means its on the site as the list checks if a game has been uploaded and skips that game even though its technically still on the list.
Done. But where is the list with the requests?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SpaceJump said:
djtaz said:
SpaceJump said:
Request:

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

Done. But where is the list with the requests?

Its already on the site so it wont show up - do a search for RUKPGT
(The guys are seriously fast sometimes - the list is on the main page so everyone logging in sees it - its also on the add request page - once a contribution is added its no longer on the list)

AlexDP

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey, been thinking of making a page to do more or less the same thing then someone pointed me to this. Looks great. It'd be really cool if you made a PHP page that takes a disc id as a query string parameter and returns the corresponding PNG file. That way WBFS applications could automatically get covers (namely my future WBFS Manager 3.0 release)
I was planning on doing that myself with an ASP.NET page, but I have no where to host it, and you've already done a great job compiling this data.
I'd help you create the PHP page necessary, but I don't know how your data is stored and whatnot...
EDIT: Wait. lol. Just realized that you dont even need to do anything. Everythings already in place.... lol.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
djtaz said:
wiigee said:
djtaz said:
Right - thats them all done for ya.

cheers tazzie from both me and my tall hot swedish supermodel twin sister

Erm... your a guy arent ya ? *shudders*
your welcome , i think.

That new request system makes things nice and fast
biggrin.gif
djtaz you fast freak
wink.gif
I go out of town for 24 hr and the expanding is great
grog.gif
, by the way have you checked the new release ( tested it yet ) ?? I heared some bad reviews about it but I'm about to check it out in a few minutes since I just got home
wink.gif
( off the records , I hear Tall Hot Swedish Supermodel , that means I'm in Love YYYAAAAAAYYY
wub.gif
, Wiigee come on buddddyyyyyy hock us up
yay.gif
)

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
AlexDP said:
Hey, been thinking of making a page to do more or less the same thing then someone pointed me to this. Looks great. It'd be really cool if you made a PHP page that takes a disc id as a query string parameter and returns the corresponding PNG file. That way WBFS applications could automatically get covers (namely my future WBFS Manager 3.0 release)
I was planning on doing that myself with an ASP.NET page, but I have no where to host it, and you've already done a great job compiling this data.
I'd help you create the PHP page necessary, but I don't know how your data is stored and whatnot...
well the idea is super cool , djtaz I'm in on it and if the hosting point is a problem
wink.gif
don't worry I'm willing to invest some goods for it and will make it the official Site as well for AlexDP releases along with yours and mine
wink.gif
, you think
grog.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AlexDP said:
EDIT: Wait. lol. Just realized that you dont even need to do anything. Everythings already in place.... lol.
Lol yes - thats why i made it that way
everything is stored by : http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/{region}/{gameid}.png
for example http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/pal/RUKPGT.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.