Hacking USB Loader Cover Help Needed Please

zazuradia

Trophies
XP
Country
hi Cyan. i'm having the usb8 stuff problem too, but i'll explain you my case:
i had a wii without a cIOS, and my SD Slot is broken. i dunno why but i cant mount a thing.
i installed the latest version (two days ago) of usbloader_gx and worked like a charm at first, so i decided to take it to a hard drive instead of the 2gb usb i was using and install a channel on main menu. the drive is a 250gb but since i haven't got a sdslot to use i decided to make it all in one, so 10GB for homebrew, wads, and stuff, and 240 (or so) for games. i formated both to fat32 and converted the 240 one to WBFS.
after this i copied the first game. it all worked perfect, i downloaded covers. a great view of my game appeared, so i started to copy more games. now i have 43, all working, cheats, covers, stuff.
now i decided to add my wii some wiiware channels to make it more complete with minigames. the problem was i was unable to install them so i seeked a solution. i ended up installing the cios236 from waninkoko (not the latest cios, i know) and it did the trick! i installed some great channels and left some space left for future installations.
i want to play real games! back to the usbloader i noticed something strange. all was factory reset, no settings, no covers, no themes... what the... so i went to settings-paths and all was configured to usb8. shit. what the... looking for an answer i started reading forums like crazy.
i ended up here and read the d2x cios v8final slot 249 base 56. so i did that. installation was correct and usbloader tells me (two upper lines in credits) i have the cIOS you tell i have to have where it has to be. all seems the same way.
i tryed editing config file manualy, i tried deleting it, i tried changing something on usbloader settings. no change seems to last a reboot.
you know the greatest thing of all? i can see all the games, i can see their channel view animation and they boot OK.

there are a lot of questions i ask to myself and to usbloader: if it can't read the 10gb partition where does it start the app in the first place? i still can add games to the big partition, so it seems ok. how can it not see the 10gb partition to load settings and still allow me to change paths to any of it's folders?
and the most important one: how can i fix this?

zazuradia

Trophies
XP
Country
well, i forgot to mention a thing:
i also installed priiloader and set it to run usbloader on boot. this seemed to be the problem. now i've booted normally (from wii menu to usbloader via the channel) and i'm able to save settings again. i have to reconfigure it all again, presumably because i deleted the config file, but not sure about this: i rebooted many times and saw how the path settings change to usb8, so i assume it overwrites the config file with new settings. i'm not sure if i like the fact that the program changes settings without user's permission.
anything to do with the usb detection on autoboot?

sakrash

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having this same problem except I'm not using an SD card at all and don't have one. It was working all fine until one day it just did that can't create directory thing. The cheats and updating have the same problem. The one who softmodded my wii wasn't me so I need baby steps :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1