Hacking USB Loader - Adding a new game screws up another one

crt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've got a strange problem with the usb loader.
At first I installed 3 games using wbfs_win and they all worked fine.
Then I installed 7 more using the wii interface and as a result three games (one of the earlier installed games and two of the new ones) now crash on startup.
So I uninstalled the broken games und started reinstalling. However, everytime I install one game, another stops working.

Also I noticed something weired:
Along with some other games I had Okami and Madworld installed. Okami was broken and when I tried to extract the ISO from the HDD using wbfs_win, I got half of the ISO of Madworld.
After I reinstalled Okami, Madworld broke. Reinstalling Madworld made Okami stop working, then I gave up...

Dodi

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeh, I've noticed this as well.
frown.gif

Hopefuly they will fix it in the next release.

Cypherdias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m-tek said:
dont use the wii for dumping... it seems to have this effect of screwing your games up!!
Yeah, that might be the problem. I'm using the wbfs PC tool most of the time. The first time I got such an error as described here was yesterday - after dumping one game via USB Loader (had no ISO for that game). So it seems better not to use that function at the moment. Especially with USB Loader 1.1, which seems to make even more problems here than 1.0 did.

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i haven`t had that problem yet. installed over 20 games via usb and 10 games via the loader install. haven`t had a problem with any of my games yet.

well i did think that i had a cople of problems with some of the installs, but that was with the loader install.

m-tek

Trophies
Website
supex0.co.uk
XP
Country
Omegax0 said:
m-tek said:
dont use the wii for dumping... it seems to have this effect of screwing your games up!!

Has nothing to do with it. I always use the PC for installing games and also have this problem.

You might be right actually... Ive not had the problem , but heard reports of game corruption when dumping from the wii... So you say this happens via the pc aswel??

Well another theory that sprins to mind is bad media... ie the hdd/flash drive isnt compatible ... You get this with the psp if your using a cheap china pro duo stick... You'd install a game to the card and other games got corrupted.... Sounds like a simular case here...Wouldnt you think??

FoGBaV

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I still want a verify fuction in the loader and in the tools.

I crashed a game when i was trying to dump 2 isos at the same time ... this is no good idea.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok it sounds like your games get corruted somehow, but could you test your games with my toy, you can find it here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=125909&st=45

Dump the games as usual, but please don't start them even once with the usb loader, only start them with my toy. I wonder if this is able to solve the problem.

PS: You need Kwiirk's usb backup cIOS installed for this(IOS222)
PPS: Don't use patches and use DISC REGION VIDEO MODE!

dope_X

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
is there today a fix to repair "code dumped"-crashed games?
my backup is broken, and i only got that iso on my HDD, but when i extract it and want to install it again, it says "not a wii disk" =(
how can i avoid that code-dump crap?

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m-tek said:
Hi m-tek,

how do you dump a game using a PC if it is not original? rawdump2.0 does not work for a copied game. Thanks.

Nevermind I fund out that ImgBurn is the easiest way....

Cypherdias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just looked through all games on my HDD and found another 4 games broken. Whatever causes this, it should be fixed really soon.

It's a normal 3.5" desktop HDD in an external enclosure with it's own power supply. The drive itself is absolutely intact, this shouldn't be a problem. I can also play most of my games without any problems from it. Just dumping seems to be a problem sometimes.

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i just want to know, how many people here have 2 partitions on the HDD? its just i have installed over 20 games on my HDD and i haven`t had one screw up on me yet.
I have a 320 Western Digital HDD and it only has the 1 partiton. so far everything has been working fine for me.

*forgot to add in that i have installed 10 games via the USB loader. and i have managed to extract out problem ones and fix them to work on my system (SSBB and SMG had to edit the iso to force english mode).

dope_X

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i got 2 250gig partitions on my 500gb HD, 1 for wii, the other for geexbox.. ^^
well i got like 30 games on it and had like 5-8 times that damn code dump and like 3 times ret=0 error
i put 50% by wii and 50% by pc on the HD..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries