Hacking USB LOADER 1.0 by waninkoko

Viro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have tried to use the program but when I boot it up I get this "Could not initialize USB Subsystem (ret -1)" I'm connecting a Portable HDD and have tried both ports.

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
NOT patched NTSC games that on disc with a CRT television 50 HZ goes perfectly with usb loader are in black and white on PAL systems, tested with Moto GP 08 NTSC, from disc colours are perfect, but from usb launcher i got b/w WITHOUT RGB enabled and red/black WITH RGB enabled.

Disc was not pacthed and my wii is a 4.0 waninkoko system menu.

telefunkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shite, all i have available is an old external enclosure and i think it's only usb 1.0. the loader just gives an error saying it is unable to read the drive. looks like i'll be going shopping tomorrow.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
a test of rockband 1/2, guitar hero with usb instruments would be great. i am wondering if they are working. an other thing what interests me is dlc for both games.

Cypherdias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pippin666 said:
I would really like someone to test hotd overkill and tell us about the "normal" lag issue.
Just tested Overkill. It doesn't lag as it does using Backup Launcher Gamma, loads very fast and runs smooth. But there seems to be some kind of "timing issues", causing zombies to "dance around" and some times even to fly out of the screen, making it impossible to play.

Zelda TP runs fine though.

Zelda was dumped from original DVD, Overkill from Backup DVD, don't know if it makes a difference.

The Linux tool to copy ISOs onto USB-Drive doesn't work that good with die ISOs I tried (Shaun White, Resident Evil UC), just gives me this Error:
error seeking in disc file: Invalid argument

Nice work, but needs some fixes as far as I can see.

[Edit]
Mario Galaxies (dumped from backup) runs perfect in every aspect.

telefunkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Viro said:
Well I have tried to use the program but when I boot it up I get this "Could not initialize USB Subsystem (ret -1)" I'm connecting a Portable HDD and have tried both ports.
same error i'm getting, but i think it's because my HDD is not usb2.0

JumpMan3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
does anyone know if card readers work? for instance i plug SD card into card reader and plug into usb?

just played animal crossing off my 2gig micro sd card using a usb card reader.

but keep in mind that it formats the card, so it can't be used with other things such as a ds flash card or the wii's sd slot.

caribpapi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I opened up my terminal program in Knoppix and I have the wbfs folder on one of my harddrives. Anyone got exact commands I would have to type? I am a complete Linux/Unix noob!

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same error as alot of people Could not initialize USB Subsystem (ret -1) im 99% sure my drive supports USB2.0 lol anybody know for sure what causes this issue?

mugel0190

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Screemer
RB2, GH:WT, GH3 and GHA working fine so far. Except Microphone. Maybe I can get it to work somehow, but I think the USB Loader gets confused when another USB device is connected...

drbootleg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cypherdias said:
Pippin666 said:
I would really like someone to test hotd overkill and tell us about the "normal" lag issue.
Just tested Overkill. It doesn't lag as it does using Backup Launcher Gamma, loads very fast and runs smooth. But there seems to be some kind of "timing issues", causing zombies to "dance around" and some times even to fly out of the screen, making it impossible to play.

Zelda TP runs fine though.

Zelda was dumped from original DVD, Overkill from Backup DVD, don't know if it makes a difference.

The Linux tool to copy ISOs onto USB-Drive doesn't work that good with die ISOs I tried (Shaun White, Resident Evil UC), just gives me this Error:
error seeking in disc file: Invalid argument

Nice work, but needs some fixes as far as I can see.
I loaded up Overkill with no problems it didn't lag and all the zombies were acting normal...well normal for zombies anyway.

jeffc313

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kyle007 said:
same error as alot of people Could not initialize USB Subsystem (ret -1) im 99% sure my drive supports USB2.0 lol anybody know for sure what causes this issue?
i got that too on my seagate freeagent 500gb

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mugel0190 said:
@Screemer
RB2, GH:WT, GH3 and GHA working fine so far. Except Microphone. Maybe I can get it to work somehow, but I think the USB Loader gets confused when another USB device is connected...

From what I understand, the USB2 part of it doesn't support hot-swapping. So, try plugging the USB microphone and the hard drive in immediately before booting and see if that works?

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Knocks said:
Valgreen said:
Knocks said:
What do you mean by "to my knowledge"? Did you hook up a drive with a wbfs partition to another OS or not?

well considering wani and his cohort created WBFS, and only created a linux tool for it. i think its safe to say it will not work under windows, unless microsoft is like the guys out of AntiTrust (movie) and have video of the guys coding there FS so that they could in turn implement support for Win. You should be able to get WBFS_tool running under OS X, but i have no idea which dependencies you would need...

Chill out, I asked if it was visible, not if it was working.

chill out? dude im chill, was just pointing out some simple facts. also you never asked if it was working, as i see from a direct quote from you, you asked

"Did you hook up a drive with a wbfs partition to another OS or not"

now, i dont see any questions in there asking if it was visibile...

so perhaps its you that needs to chill...

and all drives will be visible, no matter what file system they have on them. if thats all you wanted to know, you could have easily googled for the answer, so in turn, dont tell me to chill out (well now you can because you pissed me off) when you yourself dont even know the question your asking...

Cypherdias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drbootleg said:
I loaded up Overkill with no problems it didn't lag and all the zombies were acting normal...well normal for zombies anyway.
Okay, so it's no general issue. I will try to dump it again tomorrow. Too late for me now to wait another 30 minutes.
wink.gif

Robotic Earthlin

Trophies
XP
Country
Rock Band instruments don't work. I don't think any USB devices get power at all except the drive that you're running the games off of.

Guitar Hero instruments should work. I'd be surprised if they didn't. I don't have any so I can't test that though.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
If you're on Vista, go into Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Storage -> Disk Management, then find your HDD. Right-click on it and choose to shrink the partition by however much you want to. Then you right-click on the unallocated space and format that.

Or maybe the formatting isn't necessary since the loader will have to format it anyway. I'll have to see when I get the chance to try out my HDD in this thing.

I did that but the option to shrink was grayed out. I cant get Partition Magic to HD to run on my XP computer and Partition Magic doesnt work for me on Vista so I could use some help getting a way to use my HDD. Also Wadder isnt working for me. keeps giving me an error, so if anyone has a WAD for the USB Loader that would be awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: