Hardware USB keyboard support is just quirky on Switch......

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Does it work? Yes, under normal situations, but it seems when using a Raspberry Pi Zero Wireless to emulate a keyboard by sending keystrokes to the Switch is causing problems in that keystrokes go missing. It isn't the same keystrokes every time either. The method is done real fast, but even slowing it down to 1 character per second still causes incomplete input. I don't believe it's the method I'm using, as connecting it to a PC or even a Wii U and using the method provides expected results, even with no delay. The thing though is that I haven't found a single instance so far on the Switch where the the ability to use a keyboard doesn't use the built-in dialog, and I'm wondering if that's the problem. The purpose of emulating a keyboard is for the upcoming FUZE4 app (supposed to release on the 12th, but that's looking unlikely), as I intend to keep a copy of my work on my PC, and I simply transmit my work as a file via FTP to the RPi0W, and the program for emulating the keystrokes will read that file and make the appropriate conversions. In their demo of FUZE4, they showed USB keyboard support, but their virtual keyboard layout was completely different from the built-in one. I'm hoping that it's different from the built-in one, and that it would allow me to use my emulation method to correctly input automated keystrokes.

But anyways, should I bring this up with Nintendo? I obviously don't want to mention RPi0W and the method I'm using, but considering their past platform have support that worked just fine, maybe just mention that the Switch isn't accepting all keystrokes as expected?

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious, how well does a Bluetooth keyboard work? Maybe not at all...
Haven't tried a BT keyboard, though one of the things I want to do is pair a BT keyboard/mouse to the RPi0W, and then send input from those through to the USB, much like the dedicated dongles. Dunno how to do that, unfortunately.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm curious, how well does a Bluetooth keyboard work? Maybe not at all...
I'm guessing you can't use a Bluetooth keyboard directly on Switch, at least in Horizon - Nintendo seem to be reserving the Bluetooth just for the Joy-Cons, hence no Bluetooth audio without a dongle either. If it's the kind of keyboard that has its own USB dongle, that would probably work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Worst would be getting a DRM rootkit from using audio CDs and then Sony getting sued.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Least I can throw the nvme at neighbors now
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    get a 2 TB NVMe from amazon, return the fucked one, get replacement and send that one to me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Easier way buy one with a preadded heatsync pop the heat sync open
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some nerd at Amazon warehouse may tell the end of the colors off
    I'd like a 990 pro tyvm <З
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gen 5s going to be crazy expensive at like 10k transfer
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $300for 2tb
    don't have anything that can take PCIe5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's still m.2 form just the next gen
    ew crucial
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 6tb nvme pc ftw