Hardware USB Image Tool inquiry

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so currently, I have a 64GB MicroSD in my N3DS XL. I am getting a 128GB to add Roms and more Games. Will it be good right out of the Zip, or do I have to get a few Options Selected to go from 1 Size to another?

Attachments

• USB Image Tool.jpg
    USB Image Tool.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 196

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was told in order to Copy everything, including the EmuNAND and so I wont have to redo everything on it, to use this App. But I am wondering if I need any Options Selected or if it is good as
Select Drive
Select Backup Location
Wait till Completion.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Was told in order to Copy everything, including the EmuNAND and so I wont have to redo everything on it, to use this App. But I am wondering if I need any Options Selected or if it is good as
Select Drive
Select Backup Location
Wait till Completion.
Actually you don't have to use any tools. Just copy everything to the new sd (you might need to format it to fat32)
My experience: bought 128gb for 2ds. Worked out of the box. Only thing I needed to do was copy all games and settings and everything from old sd to new sd.

KevinLSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isnt the emunand formatted to a different partion on the sd card? If so you would need to copy the partion onto the new sd and then copy all the files like you regularly would.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Emunand in some implementations isn't even a partition, it uses allegedly unallocated space

Anyway, if you were using the recommended configuration for A9LH or B9S and aren't using a gateway card, you won't even have an emunand (whose usage brings a number of disadvantages), and it's generally recommended to just take your mods to sysnand!

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Isnt the emunand formatted to a different partion on the sd card? If so you would need to copy the partion onto the new sd and then copy all the files like you regularly would.
Somehow missed the EmuNAND part. I gues that you would have to duplicate the old sd to your new sd. Dont know how.

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah well, I dont think the App is the way to go. Just tried doing a Recovery to put everything in the Image on the 128GB Card...........now my Computer is thinking it is a 64GB Card and Formatting is not working correctly.

Edit: Aaaahhhhh. EaseUS. How I love your App. Now just need to figure out how to get EVERYTHING on the 64 put on the 128 >:(

Last edited by Smoker1,
D

Deleted User

Yeah well, I dont think the App is the way to go. Just tried doing a Recovery to put everything in the Image on the 128GB Card...........now my Computer is thinking it is a 64GB Card and Formatting is not working correctly.

Edit: Aaaahhhhh. EaseUS. How I love your App. Now just need to figure out how to get EVERYTHING on the 64 put on the 128 >:(
  1. Insert old SD card into PC
  2. Copy old files from SD card to safe place on aforementioned PC
  3. Wait for files to copy from old SD card ==> PC
  4. Remove old SD card from PC
  5. Insert new SD card in PC
  6. Copy old files from PC to your new SD card
  7. Wait for files to copy from PC ==>new SD card
  8. ???
  9. Profit

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, it seems I was using the right Apps, but not understanding it correctly.
USB Image Tool: Once Opened, do NOT change any Settings. If in Volume Mode, go to Device Mode. Select Drive to Copy, and Select Backup. Enter a Name then wait. Once finished, put the new Card in and Select Restore and select the Image.
EaseUS: Once the Restore Process is complete you will notice the Size is less than the new Card. Open EaseUS and find the Drive Letter for the Card. Right Click on it, and Select Resize/Move Partition. Make sure to Select the Middle Section's Right Side Adjustment, and move to the Right to encompass the rest of the Card. Select OK, then hit Apply.
Should be good to go now. But to make sure, Run the Error Checking option through Windows (Right Click, Properties, Tools Tab, Error Checking, your choice to also select the bottom one).
Not sure, but I think it would not be a good idea to use a USB Card Reader. Preferably, a Built-In Card Reader would be the way to go. I tried to copy over a few PSX Games, and I had problems with the USB Reader, but the Built-in worked perfectly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...