Hacking usb hardware with gx loader

mchapin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a wiikey2 hard modded system fully updated 4.2 and working perfectly with usb loader gx, all needed ios's that I'm aware of etc.

I'm trying to figure out how to run 2 games with hardware in specific; tony hawk ride and your shape.
I cannot get the board for TH Ride, or the camera for Your Shape to connect when loading from usb loader gx.
I have found that he additional usb wii gear has to be disconnected for the loader to properly load up and mount the drive, but that's about it.
Can someone please advise.

Peace
M

mchapin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks, I'll try that and re-post my results once I have tried. Is there any risk involved in installing the Hermese? I get a little nervous with new installs, since everything has been running so well.

Peace
M

mchapin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So Far So Good - Got this to work with tony hawk, had to block ios reload in the gx loader, but works great on ios 222.

I'm still having problems with your shape though - I think it is because the camera has to be connected from a full (red light) shut down, this would be fine I think but the loader wont load the usb drive when the cam is plugged in. (tony hawk ride board usb connection however doesn't interfere with the Hd loading, so I'm still playing around.

Any further ideas would be appreciated though.

Peace
M

mchapin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I followed the step by step for all three options in the link you provided, shouldn't that mean that it is merged? I remember that step in the linked page.

Secondary question: if they are merged, what does that part solve specifically? Just for trouble shooting and knowledge.

ran again incase, still no luck with the cam FYI

mchapin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Still trying, but no new results with the camera, I think the trick is to likely get it to load the HDD with the camera already plugged in, as of now it will not.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm trying to get Your Shape to work as well, though I'm using a USB webcam I have lying around. Are you using the original one that comes with the game? I am also getting the black screen indicating I need to plug in the webcam. Just want to compare notes
smile.gif

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would be happy just get get Your Shape to work. The Game will load with IOS 249 under neogamma but the Camera that comes with it does not seem to work( I get black screen with message "An error has occurred on the USB Camera. Turn off the power to the Wii console" . I'm wondering if there is an updated IOS file that loads a driver for the camera or something. So far no luck getting this game to work. It is the original game with the camera that comes with the game. If i run from the disk channel it will simply go to black screen. If i run from Neogamma I will get to the wiimote strap screen and then it will error with the above camera message.

Has anyone successfully got this game to work without a disk update?

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
u should try an USB Hub plugged into the Left (vertical stand) usb port.
now plug the hdd and the cam into the hub.

//EDIT:
might also be some specific ios on the original disc. Verify the ios files & versions with the versions installed on your wii.
you can check the installed ios version with dop ios(mod).
if you got different versions on the disc, dumb them with WUFE or using wiiscrubber.

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I got Your Shape to work by installing IOS58. I ripped the game with Superdump and opened it up with Wiiscrubber. I wrote down all the IOS files and version numbers and checked them with dop-IOS MOD v9. I compared the version numbers on the disk with what I had installed on the Wii. dop-IOS mod didn't even have an option for IOS58 and it is not in the database in NUSD 1.3. So extracted the IOS58 from the rip , placed on SD card and installed with Wad Manager.

Bingo. Your Shape now runs fine (origional disk) from the disk channel. It loads the camera and works great now.

I'm guessing IOS 58 is a new IOS that works with the USB Camera. Your Shape runs from this new IOS.

I have not tried with USB Loader GX yet but I am guessing it will not work as there is something in IOS58 that drives the USB Camera.

mchapin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll try tp poen it up with wiiscrubber in the morning, thanks so much so far - also from above, great to know a usb hub works back there.

Mike

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lothlorian said:
Ok I got Your Shape to work by installing IOS58. I ripped the game with Superdump and opened it up with Wiiscrubber. I wrote down all the IOS files and version numbers and checked them with dop-IOS MOD v9. I compared the version numbers on the disk with what I had installed on the Wii. dop-IOS mod didn't even have an option for IOS58 and it is not in the database in NUSD 1.3. So extracted the IOS58 from the rip , placed on SD card and installed with Wad Manager.

Bingo. Your Shape now runs fine (origional disk) from the disk channel. It loads the camera and works great now.

I'm guessing IOS 58 is a new IOS that works with the USB Camera. Your Shape runs from this new IOS.

I have not tried with USB Loader GX yet but I am guessing it will not work as there is something in IOS58 that drives the USB Camera.

can you tell me what version of IOS 58 is needed? thanks

Crasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi just did the same

it's ios58-64v5918

buuuuuuuuut it still doesn't work here...tried with usb loader & neogamma(for the original disc)

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crasa said:
Hi just did the same

it's ios58-64v5918.wad

buuuuuuuuut it still doesn't work here...tried with usb loader & neogamma(for the original disc)

Correct. USB Loaders and Neogamma launch games from Custom IOS (249 or 222 or 223) not 58. So even if you installed IOS58 the loaders would still use Cios to launch the game. I'm guessing you got the Camera error message.

You would have to play the game from the original disk through the disk channel or a backup with a Mod Chip as there is no Cios58 in CiosCorp 3.5

Crasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
indeed i get the camera error.

So, either I take the risk to update or I have to put a chip or no game...damn it

I see there is a system menu update on the disc...v386

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a good night everyone.