OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Morning All,
I am looking at an external drive, looking at the Wiki it seems the Western Digital My Book Essential Edition is a good choice although does anyone know whether it matters what model?

I was going to had to my Officeworks and grab this one here or this one here

Would there be a preference one over the other? I just want the ability to put my 'backed up' games on the drive and play them since my DVD drive seems to be stuffed but that I'll explain in another thread.

Thanks

Cheers

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The Essential series is confirmed to have a good compatiblity in general. So I would prefer this one — however, 1TB is too much for just Wii games... if you plan to just use it for this.

Xynergy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may seem like a waste right now but, you can make half a Wii game partition and the other half NTFS and put movies/music on it. I would rather go big enough first and not have to buy another later. Maybe even be able to load wads off the hdd some day in place of the SD card.

Just my .02.

bLaDeY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks a million for that.

I can agree it does seem a bit of a waste, finding something smaller like 500gig might be a better option.

bLaDeY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In the end I went the 1TB drive so all is good, the price difference was stuff all so it made sense to go the bigger drive as that thought about space ran through my mind.

bLaDeY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well all isn't soo good, I plugged it in to no avail and after playing around with no joy I was looking at the compatibility chart and well you wouldn't believe it I got the model WD10000H1U-00 which doesn't work at all.

Not a happy camper to say the least.

Any other suggestions preferable that's easily available in Australia?

Edit: This is the one I have in mind now http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/produ...s-New/LA301304A although no model to go against on the USB compatibility which is a slight worry.

bLaDeY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Looks to be the case, on the wiki it mentions Western Digital My Book Essential Edition which is completely compatible although no model number for reference and then there's the Western Digital My Book Essential Edition 2.0 1TB External USB Hard Drive (WD10000H1U-00), on the box though there is no mention of 2.0, I was thinking this was purely USB 2.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-