PS1/2 USB Hard Drive on PS2

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
i couldnt find swapmagic and the FCEUltra didnt show up when i put it on the key, used the noobie set on there aswell and didnt pick up on the FREE_MCBOOT file, im going to try with some other usb keys next week just incase its that as i have now tried 2x 1gb and 1x16gb, so hope that a 128mb or 512mb might work ok

stab244

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I had that same problem too where both the Free McBoot.elf file didn't show nor did the FCEUltra. Here's how you make them show up. First, backup everything on that flash drive first. Then delete all of the files. After that put the files back on but make sure that the first thing you copy over is the FCEUltra or install.elf. The Action Replay only recognizes the first 5 files (including the ones in folders) that you put on there and in the order that they were copied on to them.

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
outstanding, thanks stab244 ill try that and see what hapens, hopefully will work, im also going to try smaller memory sticks just incase its a size issue, as i used 1gb and i no longer have my 16mb i got with my action replay max evo, wish me luck pmsl! ill let you guys know how i get on later! thanks again

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
big balls of yayness it works, thanks to all who gave good advice and input, please make sure you read stab244's comments on copying which files first and it guarentees (near enough lol) to work thanks again, now i gota learn about patching isos lol

stab244

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem!!! I was trying to figure that out and then realized that I had copied the folder of stuff first. That's when I tried it the way I posted and it worked. Anyways, patching is simple. Just open the .exe file and click patch. Find the .iso and say ok. In like a second, it'll confirm the patching.

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
just 1 thing, i used the ESR patcher, is there any way that it could autoload without having to select it each time of any config i can setup on mcboot to get over it?

stab244

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err.... My games auto-boot when I put it in there as well as my friend's... It should auto-boot for you too.

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
maybe my post is misunderstood, it loads the dvd ok, but it comes up with the esr menu automatically, but everytime i have to click launch the dvd to run the game, i would rather it did that auto, its a pain when i play guitar hero, gta keep switching pads and guitar lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k