USB Game channels and keys.txt

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by McHaggis, Jun 30, 2009.

Jun 30, 2009
  1. McHaggis
    OP

Member McHaggis Fackin' Troller

United Kingdom
    I've tried searching both here and Google and haven't really found the answer. I'm having a bit of trouble using AlexDP's WBFS Manager 3.01 to create channels for a few of my USB games.

I've used xyzzy to get my keys.txt file, but i'm not sure how I turn that into a common-key.bin or if I'm barking up the wrong tree altogether. Also, how can I rip a WAD from my Wii to use as a base WAD file?

Cheers,

McH

2. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
  3. McHaggis
    OP

Member McHaggis Fackin' Troller

United Kingdom
    Cheers. I'm at work, but I had my SD card here so I was able to generate a common-key.bin. Last night I transferred GHIII from my WBFS drive to my laptop to try and create the channel and now I see that Loadstructor can create them direct from the drive. Managed to make that into a WAD anyway.

One thing I will mention is that every Google search I did pointed to a thread that told me to Google on how to get a common-key.bin, so I'd like to add the following keywords to this thread to try and improve other Googler's chances:

Also, if you're on 4.0, you won't be able to use xyzzy without patching the trucha bug back into IOS36. Alternatively, if you know how to use a hex editor, the last 1KB of data from a BootMii NAND dump contains the keys you need to create a common-key.bin.

I hope that helps someone else who finds this thread in the future.

McH