Hacking USB Game channels and keys.txt

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried searching both here and Google and haven't really found the answer. I'm having a bit of trouble using AlexDP's WBFS Manager 3.01 to create channels for a few of my USB games.

I've used xyzzy to get my keys.txt file, but i'm not sure how I turn that into a common-key.bin or if I'm barking up the wrong tree altogether. Also, how can I rip a WAD from my Wii to use as a base WAD file?

Cheers,

McH

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers. I'm at work, but I had my SD card here so I was able to generate a common-key.bin. Last night I transferred GHIII from my WBFS drive to my laptop to try and create the channel and now I see that Loadstructor can create them direct from the drive. Managed to make that into a WAD anyway.

One thing I will mention is that every Google search I did pointed to a thread that told me to Google on how to get a common-key.bin, so I'd like to add the following keywords to this thread to try and improve other Googler's chances:

QUOTE said:
key.bin, keys.txt, wii common key, wad creation, channel creation

Also, if you're on 4.0, you won't be able to use xyzzy without patching the trucha bug back into IOS36. Alternatively, if you know how to use a hex editor, the last 1KB of data from a BootMii NAND dump contains the keys you need to create a common-key.bin.

I hope that helps someone else who finds this thread in the future.

McH

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up