Hacking USB Flash drive not loading

rirawin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just brought a Wii and for the love of god I'm trying to figure out getting a iso to load?.

I formatted the drive to NTFS then used WBFS manager to format and add the game.

Then once added I put the flash usb drive to the back and then load up configure usb loader however, it just just hangs at the load screen with the bottom right showing some numbers?.

If I remove the usb flash stick and then the configure usbloader loads up perfectly.

Can anyone help?.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
What USB Drive is it? It could very well be that the drive is incompatible with the Wii. The Wii is a bit of a crybaby when it comes to external storage devices.

You could also try to format the drive as FAT32. This shouldnt matter, but doesnt hurt to try.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
You bought it pre-modded? New or used?

Anyway, Id recommend you to use ModMii to update your Wii. Just run the wizard and follow the generated guide.
It is highly likely that your Wii's cIOS are out of date.

rirawin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brought it pre-modded, the seller said it was all ready to go but I'm having a huge headache getting it to work.

The problem with the ModMii is I don't know what he's put on there, version etc?

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, all you need to know is your system menu version.
I dont remember how to check it from the top of my head, but its in the Wii settings somewhere. If my memory isnt failing completely, its in the top-right corner and should say something like 4.3U for example. My guess is you have either 4.2U or 4.3U.

Do you have HBC(Homebrew Channel) installed?

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
4.2E ? That means you have an EU Wii.

Ok, but just use ModMii and answer the questions correctly and everything should work fine.

It is possible that all your files ARE up to date, but by running ModMii you are sure they are. (never trust a seller lol)

rirawin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really not happy with the seller atm.

OK just done the bootmii I got a folder called copy to sd so do I copy the folder to my sd card?, or copy the contents of the folder to the sd card?. Can I ask then what?, this won't brick my Wii will it?. Would this overwrite all the usbloader, neogammer stuff?.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Copy the content of copy to sd card to the root of your SD card.
If you follow the guide it should not brick the Wii.

And yes, I recommend to redownload the usb loaders (using modmii), since your cfg loader is out of date any way.

Also, you should reformat your SD card to fat32 to be sure its nice and clean (you can take a backup of the current content to your PC if you want that).

rirawin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK confused.

Load it up via the SD card, but gives me option to install homebrew which I have already and something about iOS?.

Really do not get this at all?.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox