Hacking usb drive prob with cIOSX rev21d2x, and how to get past it?

necrovamp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must confess I am a complete noob at this kind of stuff, Idk what ios means, all these slots and everything and how it all works. The way Ive run games in the past is just found a cios wad, installed it with a wad manager and that was that......I seem to need this new cios to play some of the newer games, but have been unsuccessful in my attempts to install it.

It installs fine however I try to install it, but I always get the waiting for hd error on my usb loader, tried 3 diff ones.
I read something, about the meta and a usb drive flag, but I tried that and it didnt work.
Ive tried the online installer, editing the xml file, and mod mii creating my own wads, all end up with the same problem, usb drive doesnt recognize.

My number 1 problem is ignorance, I dont know exactly how cios works, and frankly once I saw that cios installer and all those empty slots I got even more confused.
I have so many questions it would take to long to ask them all so I'm just going to ask 1 or 2 now,

I know how to install cios through wads just fine, is there a wad out there that I can simply install and it will be the latest cIOSX rev21d2x, IE the one im looking for?
When running through MMM, does it matter how many wads I install, should I get them all, or simply the latest, which one will work?
And my final question, I'm assuming this hd problem was pretty common at one point, is there simply something I'm not doing? because after installing, the mod managers tell me everything is installed fine.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ModMii will generate WAD files for 249d2x56 and 250d2x57, along with other cIOS files. Try posting a sysCheck to see if it is installed properly.

necrovamp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thnx for the quick response, yep I've done that and installed those, and get the same waiting for hd message, are those the only 2 i need, should i get more or less? is there some flag I need to hit somewhere to enable hd access?

(edit, I'll post my syscheck in a few mins)

Lacius said:
ModMii will generate WAD files for 249d2x56 and 250d2x57, along with other cIOS files.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you are using the latest version of Configurable USB Loader and that your USB device is plugged into the correct USB port. If you have changed USB devices or changed how it is partitioned, you might need to re-select the what partition you wish to use.

necrovamp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, I feel like a worse noob now, simply was the wrong usb port.
For future reference, can I just stick with the latest cIOSX rev21d2x, and I'm assuming 249d2x56 and 250d2x57, meaning whichever i choose should be installed in that respective slot? 249d2x56 (249) and 250d2x57(250)

Lacius said:
Make sure you are using the latest version of Configurable USB Loader and that your USB device is plugged into the correct USB port. If you have changed USB devices or changed how it is partitioned, you might need to re-select the what partition you wish to use.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
249d2x56 = Slot 249, base 56 (for use with 99% of games)
250d2x57 = Slot 250, base 57 (for use with games that require base 57, like Black Ops)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv