Hacking USB Backup Channel Creation

VassagoX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm sort of new to homebrew on the Wii. I used to be big into PS2 homebrew so I'm trying to get myself acquainted with Wii homebrew. I've successfully installed and configured Configurable USB Loader and added games. The games load fine there. I have yet to successfully create channels that load the games on my USB drive. I get code dumps every time.

What do you guys use that works well with Configurable USB Loader? Are there any good tutorials out there?

Thanks guys!

grimmreapervi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
VassagoX said:
So, I'm sort of new to homebrew on the Wii. I used to be big into PS2 homebrew so I'm trying to get myself acquainted with Wii homebrew. I've successfully installed and configured Configurable USB Loader and added games. The games load fine there. I have yet to successfully create channels that load the games on my USB drive. I get code dumps every time.

What do you guys use that works well with Configurable USB Loader? Are there any good tutorials out there?

Thanks guys!

Do you mean you want a channel for each game? Or a channel to the app? Also, make sure your SD card is inserted before launching the channel.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VassagoX said:

Thanks guys!

You haven't provided enough info.
Have you softmodded?
Do you have HB installed?
What system are you running on your Wii? Which cIOS?
Are you backing up/dumping your DVDs to a usb with WFBS?
Are the correct/required cIOSes installed for Config. USB to run?

Check each of these in the threads and make sure to read the stickies, first.

VassagoX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii knee said:
You haven't provided enough info.
Have you softmodded?
Do you have HB installed?
What system are you running on your Wii? Which cIOS?
Are you backing up/dumping your DVDs to a usb with WFBS?
Are the correct/required cIOSes installed for Config. USB to run?

Check each of these in the threads and make sure to read the stickies, first.

I do want a channel for each game on my usb drive. Sorry I didn't provide enough info. I do have HB installed and working great. I'm using cIOS r14 at the moment since NeoGamma has problems with r15. The games are backed up and transfered to my hard drive on WFBS via WFBS Manager. They load perfectly in Config. USB and in USB Loader GX directly.

I have tried using CRAP to create the channels, but so far no luck. It creates the wads just fine, they just won't load the games.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to make sure you are using the right settings different games need different options, i started to do this but gave up because setting each games options is too much of a bother for me. just load them from the drive, its a prettier gui than the wii menu (and that applies to any loader)

crap is straightforward, select the banner for the game make sure the id is labeled correctly and create it, it should work no problem, the loader option is the trickiest many different settings for many different loaders. remember the loading code is embedded in the .wad file you create for the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Here we go +2