USB Backup Channel Creation

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by VassagoX, Dec 2, 2009.

Dec 2, 2009

USB Backup Channel Creation by VassagoX at 11:12 AM (1,319 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. VassagoX
    OP

Newcomer VassagoX Member

United States
    So, I'm sort of new to homebrew on the Wii. I used to be big into PS2 homebrew so I'm trying to get myself acquainted with Wii homebrew. I've successfully installed and configured Configurable USB Loader and added games. The games load fine there. I have yet to successfully create channels that load the games on my USB drive. I get code dumps every time.

What do you guys use that works well with Configurable USB Loader? Are there any good tutorials out there?

Thanks guys!

2. grimmreapervi

Newcomer grimmreapervi Member

Cyprus
    Do you mean you want a channel for each game? Or a channel to the app? Also, make sure your SD card is inserted before launching the channel.

3. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
  4. wii knee

Member wii knee GBAtemp Regular

United States

You haven't provided enough info.
    Have you softmodded?
    Do you have HB installed?
    What system are you running on your Wii? Which cIOS?
    Are you backing up/dumping your DVDs to a usb with WFBS?
    Are the correct/required cIOSes installed for Config. USB to run?

Check each of these in the threads and make sure to read the stickies, first.

5. VassagoX
    OP

Newcomer VassagoX Member

United States

I do want a channel for each game on my usb drive. Sorry I didn't provide enough info. I do have HB installed and working great. I'm using cIOS r14 at the moment since NeoGamma has problems with r15. The games are backed up and transfered to my hard drive on WFBS via WFBS Manager. They load perfectly in Config. USB and in USB Loader GX directly.

I have tried using CRAP to create the channels, but so far no luck. It creates the wads just fine, they just won't load the games.

6. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    you have to make sure you are using the right settings different games need different options, i started to do this but gave up because setting each games options is too much of a bother for me. just load them from the drive, its a prettier gui than the wii menu (and that applies to any loader)

crap is straightforward, select the banner for the game make sure the id is labeled correctly and create it, it should work no problem, the loader option is the trickiest many different settings for many different loaders. remember the loading code is embedded in the .wad file you create for the game.

7. VassagoX
    OP

Newcomer VassagoX Member

United States
    I finally got it to work in crap with the newest config that was posted today. Thanks everyone!