US Resident Evil UC on a japanese Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kenshin Br, Mar 18, 2008.

Mar 18, 2008
  1. Kenshin Br
    OP

Member Kenshin Br GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I patched the US Resident Evil UC with Trucha to run on my japanese Wii. It goes well for few minutes; but after the console shown a screen in english about an error on the disc (the Wii could not read the disc).

O.k. I tried another method: I burned another DVD with the US game itself. And after I burned a DVD with the freeloader for Wii (japanese version of it).

So I put the freeloader on the Wii and after the REUC DVD (without patch).

Well, this DVD of REUC worked well, but in black and white.

Then I putted the first RE DVD (with de patch) to run on my japanese Wii; after few minutes I saw the error again. After this I ejected this DVD and putted the second RE DVD (without the pacth) and now it is running well and in english.

So... WT..!? I don´t know what is happening.

Why my patched RE DVD did not run well?

Why my normal RE DVD worked in black and white after the Freealoder? And why it is running normaly now (and in english without the patch)?

I dont know if someone coul help me, but...

Well, this method works, but is very complicated. [​IMG] I would like to play only with the freeloader. [​IMG]

Thanks. [​IMG]

EDIT:

The normal version (without patch) is showing the same error now... -__-' I putted patched DVD e then putted the normal, and it´s working from the same checkpont where I stopped (until now). But it is bad because I just can´t play REUC (in english) normally on my japanese Wii. [​IMG]

2. Kenshin Br
    OP

Member Kenshin Br GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    For the black and white problem, I think that I found the solution... Well, it was a friend of mine that downloaded the game and I asked him about wich region the RE was; He said that the game was from Europe (PAL).

Well... When I play without the Freloader, the game (without pacth) works with colors, but in japanese, of course. When I use it with the Freeloader, the game works in english but in black and white.

That the reason why... PAL games + Freeloader = black and white screen! [​IMG]'

3. raventan

Newcomer raventan Newbie

United States
    Some PAL games have problems on NTSC Wii (both Jap and US).

4. stuffed

Newcomer stuffed Member

Israel
    Maybe you should try using generic patcher and patch the game to english... and then play without freeloader..

5. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    this just sounds like bad media