Gaming US Release Groups

beliael

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've noticed that most of the NDS releases in the last few weeks have been for EU and JPN games. What happened to the groups that usually released US games?

(Hope this topic isn't against the rules, I couldn't find anything in the rules about not talking about release groups)

Taellon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've noticed the same thing. Also seems to be effect the Wii now too with games like Sims 3, HAWX2, and Sonic Colors.

basf11214

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't pretend to know how they go about dumping the games, but I think they might be affected by the economy--just like the rest of us.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not like it costs a lot of doe. It's just $8 a month for a membership to gamefly and start dumping. I'm sure six dudes could pull together enough pocket change to do that. I'd do it but were it not for the fact that's illegal.

Didu50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if they got caught.
ohmy.gif

Buuut... If they dump it, doesnt that mean they have to buy the game? So then thats a great loss to them.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didu50 said:
What if they got caught.
ohmy.gif

Buuut... If they dump it, doesnt that mean they have to buy the game? So then thats a great loss to them.
I seriously doubt there's even one release team that buys the games they dump.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The question is who cares? The EU versions of ROM's are usually the exact same as the NA version...

That or the dumpers in the NA have had stricter laws come in for file sharing..

KerrodWill

Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
The question is who cares? The EU versions of ROM's are usually the exact same as the NA version...

Yeah, well usually the games come out in US a few days earlier. So naturally they should be out on the interwebs before EU games...and i doubt its stricter laws...you buy a game, dump it, throw it on torrents or upload it to mediafile or whatever.... then its hard to get caught...like leaking an album or something.

The reason is probably just the people who usually dump (its probably like...2-3 people they everyone relies on...like Venom or something) are just busy, or haven't gotten their shipment of new games in or something (they're usually people who work in retail who can grab the game, dump it, then bring it back.) or they're just too busy or something. It should pick up again. It'll start to die more when 3DS comes out though i rekon.

beliael

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:

As someone already mentioned, US games are usually released before EU versions. For example, Rune Factory 2 was released in the US on 18 Nov 2008 but was not released in EU till 8 October 2010. That's a two year difference! There are other examples too.

I think it would be only the most popular DS games that get simultaneous EU and US release.

-Edit- This is not me demanding US releases btw, I'm happy to wait and understand that the US groups might be busy with other stuff. But I'm just wondering if people have any definitive news on the matter.

HiroshiYamauchi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, that sucks. A good exemple is FlingSmash, the game was released in the US on 11/07, but will be released in Europe on 11/19 and in Japan on 11/18. I'm expecting to play that game around November 20...

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Pliskron said:
Didu50 said:
What if they got caught.
ohmy.gif

I seriously doubt there's even one release team that buys the games they dump.
Bro, how the hell do they dump the game without buying it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    in the wanted list thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    because you are an awful liar and narcissistic hypocrite
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas