CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
The game was made to be played with the stylus.. use the stylus!

That's like wanting to play WiiSports with a normal controller.. can't understand these people..
sleep.gif

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
OP
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States

That's like wanting to play WiiSports with a normal controller.. can't understand these people..Â
sleep.gif
The way I play and enjoy a game is the correct and only way and no one else should be entitled to their preference. Developers design a game only to be played in one fashion and anyone who adds to the game by enjoying alternate controls, speed running, rules, changing options, or tournament play are horrible metagamers who are doing a grave disservice to video games by enjoying a game in a way other than was originally intended.
rolleyes.gif

In case people don't get what the hack here is about, Zelda:PH makes you play entirely with the stylus. This makes sword fighting and some stuff pretty interesting. Some people prefer walking Link around with the D-pad though, or just plain don't like their hand always covering up a good part of the screen. This hack is for those people. If you're not one of those people, more power to ya. Go talk about how much you love the stylus controls in a thread that isn't about changing them.

mikagami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great, thanks for making it. Is there anyway you can set a key for rolling? Like L? Or will I need to use the screen for that? Either way, I look forward to using it.

Off-Topic: Love your avatar, Puyo Puyo FTW
smile.gif

Jhongerkong

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

That's like wanting to play WiiSports with a normal controller.. can't understand these people..Â
sleep.gif

Who cares? It gives you the OPTION of using the D-pad; it doesn't take out the stylus functionality.

Plus, some people get hand cramps from using the stylus too much.

Its more like playing Wii Sports tennis but with the option of moving with the nunchuck.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
OP
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
This is great, thanks for making it. Is there anyway you can set a key for rolling? Like L? Or will I need to use the screen for that? Either way, I look forward to using it.

Off-Topic:Â Love your avatar, Puyo Puyo FTW
smile.gif
As cool as that would be, I don't really get ASM machine code, let alone ARM. Although I can see what the chinese patch is replacing in the Japanese version. If it turns out we've got the third scenario on our hands, I'll post the relevant addresses and hex for arm9.bin in this topic. I'll try to do it myself of course, but if they really changed around a lot of arm9 programming in regards to controls (I can't see why they would though) it's totally beyond my ability.

e: Puyo Puyo ftw indeed. Love the wii one!

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you can actually do anything else using the d-pad, aside from moving.

mikagami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I must have done something wrong, I replaced it in DSlazy and it gave me 2 white screens when loading... argh.

Using R4 w/latest firmware so it should work otherwise.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can someone please give instructions on how to put the patch on the rom.as the prog to do this is not in english.thanks.............................sudeki300

C

captfalcon

it doesnt work with the chinese patcher, the reason the outputted file boots is that no changes are made as it fails a CRC check and therefore boots as nothing has been effected at all.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Does the patch allow you to run with the d-pad? Or just walk? Can you still roll?
I would at least try playing it as it was intended before using this patch. I have HUGE hands and beat the JPN release just fine with no cramps etc.
Also the L button is used in game anyway so using it for Roll won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: