[URGENT] Will this brick my wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by AnimaJump, Sep 11, 2013.

1. AnimaJump
    OP

AnimaJump Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2012
    United States
    Illinois
    Wii Information

Region: NA
    Mod type: Soft-mod
    Version: 4.3U

Situation

Now about a few months back my mom wanted to use my Wii to watch Netflix but when I tried using Netflix the Wii had to be updated. So I told my mom the risk of updating or what I had heard the risk were anyway. She said it doesn't really matter and to just take the risk in updating. So I did and the Wii to my surprise still worked just fine. But now my mom gave me the Wii back but the HBC is still on the Wii menu as well as USB Loader GX.

Question

Will trying to use either the HBC or USB Loader GX brick my Wii?

I don't have Bootmii even though I probably should. My mom still uses this thing from time to time so I don't want to take the risk and brick it. Just wondering if I'm just freaking out or not.

Thanks! :lol:

2. _acid_

_acid_ GBAtemp Regular

Jul 18, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    just trying to use the hbc and usb loader gx will not brick your wii.

but you should definitely install bootmii and priiloader.

3. AnimaJump
    OP

AnimaJump Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2012
    United States
    Illinois
    What does bootmii do exactly? And is my softmod still on the wii? Can I just put my usb in and play a game as if i never updated?

4. rooskie54

rooskie54 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2009
    United States
    It won't brick, but your cIOSes are probably gone. You'll need to reinstall those for USB Loader GX to load games.

5. AnimaJump
    OP

AnimaJump Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2012
    United States
    Illinois
    What will happen if I don't reinstall them and just try to load a game? Because I tried USB Loader GX and it seems to open up fine only thing is I didn't have a usb in my Wii at the time so it said it couldn't find one but that's all.

6. Haloman800
    This message by Haloman800 has been removed from public view by raulpica, Sep 11, 2013, Reason: Off-topic -rp.
    Sep 11, 2013
  7. rooskie54

rooskie54 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2009
    United States
    Black Screen maybe? Might reboot the wii. Won't hurt anything. Can't cause a brick.

8. AnimaJump
    This message by AnimaJump has been removed from public view by raulpica, Sep 11, 2013, Reason: Flaming -rp.
    Sep 11, 2013
  9. Squirps

Squirps Official Squirps of GBATemp.netâ„¢

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    The corner in that dark alley.
    Well, that escalated quickly.

Anyway, it shouldn't cause a brick or anything. Just use the latest HackMii installer and proper exploit and you should be good to go. :)

_acid_ likes this.
  10. jonthedit

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    You sound a bit experienced, and that's okay!
    A few things you should know.
    Since you were already on 4.3, the HBC and the custom channels were not removed, however your CIOS' have been replaced. :(
    Install Priiloader on there NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Loading a game with USB Loader GX will cause either a black/green screen, a instant shutdown of the Wii, or a reboot. Either way your Wii won't be damaged.
    I suggest posting a sysCheck or just use ModMii and confirm your softmods and what needs updating.

11. Haloman800
    This message by Haloman800 has been removed from public view by raulpica, Sep 11, 2013, Reason: Off-topic -rp.
    Sep 11, 2013
  12. AnimaJump
    This message by AnimaJump has been removed from public view by raulpica, Sep 11, 2013, Reason: Flaming -rp.
    Sep 11, 2013