chalky378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello everyone im new on this forum and need a bit of help please
i have my wii softmodded and hardmodded(with a d2pro chip) and i halso had the hbc and bootmii installed.
i very very foolishly updated my shop channel last night as my wife wanted to have the iplayer channel installed and now i cant get the hbc or any of the softmod stuff to work again and also bootmii is now missing when i boot up the wii!!!!
iv tried reinstalling the hackmii installer but it wont let me saying i have no vunerable ios`s.......
i was going to just do a nand recover but like i said it seems to be missing and when i click on the hbc icon the screen goes bland as if theres nothing on my sd card even though its all there.
i been searching since last night but cant find a way round the problem
any ideas please
im on 4.2e if that helps and i didnt have preloader or any thing like that installed.
on a side note new super mario brothers use to work but it now doesnt but all my other backup games work fine but i guess thats because of the chip
thanks in advance for any help you can offer

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Get the Trucha bug restorer by wiipower and run it with the HBC. You will see a lot of white text on a black screen. This is how many installers/patchers look like. It has no nice banner and stuff to keep the filesize low.
1) Select IOS36 and press A. Even more text appears, read it if you want. Wait for the text at the bottom to appear and press 1.

2) Choose Downgrade IOS15. Then download from NUS (2 times). Follow instructions on the screen.

3) Now we can use the downgraded IOS15 to restore the Trucha in IOS36. Run TBR again. This time choose IOS15 and again press A then 1 when the text appears.

4) Go into the IOS36 menu. Use these configurations: 36 (this is in what IOS-slot the patched IOS36 will be placed.) YES YES NO (actually you can choose what you want for the last 2 options), then select Install patched IOS36 and press A. Choose Download from NUS once again and follow on screen instructions.

5) Now we have the patched IOS36, we can restore our IOS15 again. Load the TBR one last time. Choose IOS36,... .This time choose restore IOS15. Get the IOS from NUS and let the app finish everything.

We are ready to install our cIOS. I will explain here how to get cIOS38r14 by waninkoko. You can also install another rev of this cIOS (don't go lower than r9) or a rev of IOS222/223 by hermes. All IOS have different uses and bugs. Its up to you to find out what these are.

Get the installer here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6531 . Follow all the instructions at the link, but choose IOS36 instead of IOS249 (this is why we have patched IOS36). When you are asked to use wad install or online install, choose online install. You will then have the cIOS needed by the USB loader.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
ok, so im guessing you had cioscorp installed prior to this update?
so basically none of your IOS were updated by Nintendo.
ok move the IOS15-64-v257.wad to the wad folder on your sd card
then run anytitle deleter db [step 2]
choose IOS60 or 250 or something
and and delete IOS15.
then run wad manager 1.5 [find it if you dont already have it]
and install IOS15-64-v257.wad
from there move the IOS15-64-v257.wad file back to the root of your sd card and try TBR again.

Do that. And search next time, it's been answered 100s of times

chalky378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the replys and Yes i did search but as i said i CANNOT access the homebrew channel in any way shape or form and i cant reinstall it

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chalky378 said:
thanks for the replys and Yes i did search but as i said i CANNOT access the homebrew channel in any way shape or form and i cant reinstall it

Use bannerbomb for xzxero's instructions I posted in my last post

chalky378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
chalky378 said:

it wont let me.....thats what im saying it wont let me reinstall the hbc,bootmii or divx iv tried bannerbomb.......it removed everything including bootmii otherwise i would of done a nand restore...

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chalky378 said:
tattar8 said:
chalky378 said:

it wont let me.....thats what im saying it wont let me reinstall the hbc,bootmii or divx iv tried bannerbomb.......it removed everything including bootmii otherwise i would of done a nand restore...
So don't run hackmii yet!
Run anytitle deleter straight from bannerbomb

chalky378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so go with me on this one...i run banner bomb then run anytile and delete ios15....but how do i run the wad manager after that if i cant access the hbc i thought u had to have to hcc to run the wad manager???
on a side not im really gratefull for the help but not all of us are experts in this field and like i said i did search but i couldnt find anything like the problem iv got.....why the hell has it deleted bootmii on boot2 thats what i cant understand

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chalky378 said:
ok so go with me on this one...i run banner bomb then run anytile and delete ios15....but how do i run the wad manager after that if i cant access the hbc i thought u had to have to hcc to run the wad manager???
on a side not im really gratefull for the help but not all of us are experts in this field and like i said i did search but i couldnt find anything like the problem iv got.....why the hell has it deleted bootmii on boot2 thats what i cant understand

Run wad manager through bannerbomb...

Updating to 4.2 via Nintendo deletes Bootmii

chalky378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was on 4.2 already just updated the shop channel lol....ill try your method in a bit and report back but thanks for the help much appericated

chalky378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i tried any title deleter but it gives me a error code of 1036 which dosnt help at all...but i did manage to run tbr and followed it step by step and it said it had done but when i try to run the hackmii installer again i get the same message "no vunerable ios to install to"

amy more ideas guys

chalky378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok update ......iv deleted ios15 as per instruction but when i go to run wadmanager 1.5 from the bannerbomb it loads fine then my remote just switches off and i cant do anything with it and have to reset the wii,iv also tried a gc pad and that dont work....
anybody got any ideas????
please or am i going to get ignored

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool