Upgrading wii 4.2U

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by deershoot3r, Dec 30, 2010.

Dec 30, 2010

Upgrading wii 4.2U by deershoot3r at 12:54 AM (997 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. deershoot3r
    OP

Newcomer deershoot3r Newbie

United States
    OK so to start off i modded my wii on 4.2U and i sold it to my mom, she hates modding and i was like ok we will just update no big deal, when we try to update we get an error code 32004, ive researched this and it says its a connection problem, and i believe we have a bad wifi signal, so i was wondering if we upgrade it with the ethernet port adapter will it brick? also i was wondering if there is another way to upgrade it like manually so it doesnt have to download the update, and one more thing is there any way that the mod is affecting it to get connection cause i dont wanna waste $30 bucks on the adapter unless i have to. I would restore my nand image thing but my hdd got erased somehow and i lost my backup. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    -deershoot3r

2. lowdwn169

Newcomer lowdwn169 Member

United States
    holy crap im trying to do the exact same thing and keep getting the same error. ive even tried the disc updates and that didnt work either. i know my wireless connection is good so that cant be the problem. can any one help us out!

3. jurai

Member jurai GBAtemp Fan

did you install preloader at some point and block updates?

4. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    boot into preloader/priiloader (hold reset while booting) go into system menu hacks and make sure that block disk and block online updates are off.