GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, my birthday money and other money gives me a nice number (to me ne way). so since my computer is sooooo slow, I wanna upgrade.
I wanna upgrade my:
Processor (NEED)
RAM (NEED)
and now: MOTHERBOARD (NEED)

I only have around $210'ish and REALLY want/need the first 3. please provide input!!!
I'm browsing http://www.tpi-us.com

thnx!

jon_jon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, my birthday money and other money gives me a nice number (to me ne way). so since my computer is sooooo slow, I wanna upgrade.
I wanna upgrade my:
Processor (NEED)
RAM (NEED)
Keyboard (MAYBE NOT...)
MONITOR (MAYBE NOT...)
and VIDEO CARD (MAYBE SO...)

I only have around $210'ish and REALLY want/need the first 2. please provide input!!!
I'm browsing http://www.tpi-us.com

thnx!

If you want to upgrade parts of the computer, you need to start by listing the system specs of your current system including CPU, motherboard, type and amount of memory, video card and power supply. The monitor and keyboard are independent. If you upgrade the processor, most likely you will need to upgrade your motherboard and possibly your memory depending on how old your system is.

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you upgrade your CPU and RAM you will certainly need to upgrade your motherboard. Unfortunately, 200 dollars probably won't cut it. Please post your current system specifications......

Edit:
lol,
beat me to it ^^^

azimov

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
download cpu-z http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

If you want a new Processor all you need to know is the socket type. For ram you look for DDR speed. That app will tell you your proccesor socket type and ram speed. But depending on how 'crappy' your comp is you might have to upgrade motherboard to like skullstatue said.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You maybe better working out what you need to make your pc better. You'll probably need a new mobo to go with the new CPU. New ram and a processor. Then you may find you need a better graphics card, sound board and so on. It might be better using it as a second computer and just buying a new pc. A new pc is pretty cheap now. Or maybe you could just look for one on ebay with all the basics already in mobo, processor etc.... you then just have to take parts out of your old pc like the harddrives, dvd drive etc....

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
wtf.gif
ummm... ok?

I dont want a new computer, just to upgrade (hence the title) my current 1! thnx for the program, it helped (alot)! I'll see if I can grab junk off the old family computer. think the power button broke or something... or processor burned up! lol wont tell my dad if I stripping it...
happy.gif
rofl2.gif

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
$210 isn't gonna get you much. With a little more (or maybe a lot more) you can do this

Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 1.8GHz 2MB Cache
MSI P4M890M-L LGA 775 Motherboard
Buffalo DDR2-667 Budget RAM

Total = $325

If you have to stick to that 100% the best I could do is this
Intel Pentium D 820 2.8GHz 2MB Cache This place only seems to sell two Pentium D Models. The Presler core Pentium D's are much better than the Smithfield core. The other PD that this store has is more than the above Intel C2D so no point in getting that.

Total = $239

Also, could you tell us what specs your computer has. If by an upgrade you mean Celeron D (Lets say you currently have a PIII), that can easily be done with $210.

azimov

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
If you have to stick to that 100% the best I could do is this
Intel Pentium D 820 2.8GHz 2MB Cache This place only seems to sell two Pentium D Models. The Presler core Pentium D's are much better than the Smithfield core. The other PD that this store has is more than the above Intel C2D so no point in getting that.

Total = $239

Also, could you tell us what specs your computer has. If by an upgrade you mean Celeron D (Lets say you currently have a PIII), that can easily be done with $210.

That looks good
smile.gif

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, that's a good combo. If I had known that you wanted to buy it from somewhere else, I would used Newegg.com. Wondering if Newegg will ever come to Canada. They were supposed to but never did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it