Hacking Upgrading from 5.50 Prome-3

WizardOfOdd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I've been out of touch with the PSP scene for a while but would like to update the firmware I'm currently running (mentioned in thread title) with whatever the latest and best is.

Can anyone advise which firmware would be best to install at the moment? If I could get on the store and browse around that would be a bonus. If anyone can point me in the direction of a guide that would be really helpful.

Thanks!
smile.gif

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The_Dragons_Master_F said:
Just install official fw 6.20 then the latest 6.20 pro on it .You should be able to access psn.

Just follow the stickied guide here & you won't have any troubles.
Actually, since he has a fulfledged cfw, he'll need to unisntall it first.

Go down to the "If you are currently on an older CUSTOM/HACKED firmware..." spoiler and do whatever it tells you to do.

Then, go down to "Q - 6.20 Permanent or 6.60 temporary, what do I choose?" and chose which ever you want (I'd recommend 6.20 since you can chose to make it temporary or permanent) and do whatever it tells you to do.

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Well I read that but I had no trouble upgrading directly from 5.50 promo to 6.20 other than the ver 9.99 thing while running the updater but that was easy to fix.
Anyway I gave the link to the guide & he is free to use whatever he believes is safer & since he have a pandora compatible psp there is no worry about any permanent damage.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
You should also use savegame deemer to make unencrypted copies of any savegames you want to keep as some saves of games that need a firmware higher than 5.50 will become corrupted.

71r3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
upgrade to 6.20 and use dualboot.

(((the u can boot up tcfws in several combinations.
like, tn+pro, or tn-me or pro-me.)))

sry 4 the mistake, there is no 6.20 me i wanst reading the full content at wololo.net. sry my bad.
but dualboot with tn+pro works flawless and
its the best for compatibility.
+ it has the feeling of a perm patched cfw, cause it asks u right
after a cold boot wich tcfw u wana use.
greetz 7

71r3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
u can also use this if u want.
my recommendation was just for compatibility.
but 6.60 me goes for u 2
biggrin.gif

but dont try to install this 6.60 me on a friends 2000v3-3000-go.
mfg 7

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
WizardOfOdd said:
Thanks for the replies all. So it's not worth installing this then? http://pspcustomfirmware.com/psp-cfw-6-60-me.htm
ME is not much of a difference from PRO. The only difference would be that there's also a 6.39 version of ME and ME has an LCFW version (for all psp models) and a CFW version (for fully hackable 1000 and 2000s). I think the CFW ones are permanent, but I don't know if the LCFW ones have perma patch.

WizardOfOdd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, ok I'm trying to upgrade my custom firmware now, but I'm getting an error saying there's no need to upgrade, as I'm already on the latest version 9.90??

I checked a guide online, and one of the first steps was accessing the VSH menu by pressing select, and scrolling down to USB DEVICE and changing it from memory stick to Flash 0. I don't have a Flash 0 option, only a Flash 2 option, and when I select that and connect my PSP to my computer I don't get the required folders showing up (since, I guess, because I selected Flash 2 and not Flash 0). Any ideas??

Ta!

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
WizardOfOdd said:
Hmm, ok I'm trying to upgrade my custom firmware now, but I'm getting an error saying there's no need to upgrade, as I'm already on the latest version 9.90??

I checked a guide online, and one of the first steps was accessing the VSH menu by pressing select, and scrolling down to USB DEVICE and changing it from memory stick to Flash 0. I don't have a Flash 0 option, only a Flash 2 option, and when I select that and connect my PSP to my computer I don't get the required folders showing up (since, I guess, because I selected Flash 2 and not Flash 0). Any ideas??

Ta!

You can also go back to OFW before updating. It's easy (quoted from here):
QUOTE(Rydian @ May 23 2011, 02:32 PM) *snip
If you are currently on an older custom firmware (such as 5.00 M33-6) you will need to flash-install a clean original firmware before you can upgrade to 6.20 or 6.60. This is done via Hellcat's Recovery Flasher and a copy of the original firmware to flash.
[*]Download Hellcat's Recovery Flasher, and add the RECOVERY folder to your PSP's GAME folder.[*]Download Official Firmware 5.00, rename EBOOT.PBP to 500.PBP, and stick it in the root of your memory stick.[*]Run Hellcat's, and hold L+R+Select while it's loading. When it runs it may warn you if you have GAME plugins enabled, and it will disable them, simply run Hellcat's again.[*]When it loads, confirm your choice to enter advanced mode.[*]At the second (garbled) warning, Select I AGREE, now take me to the program![*]At the main menu, make sure that Target FW is on 5.00, then go down to /!\ Install clean ORIGINAL FW (DANGEROUS!!!)When the process is done you should be on a clean version of 5.00. This will ensure that you can properly upgrade to the latest firmware you want to hack.

A video of the process is located here.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Sb2XzkYis[/youtube]
*snip

WizardOfOdd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brilliant, all sorted now perfectly. I downgraded to 5.00 official, then updated to 6.20 official, then patched that, then installed 6.60 custom firmware. I don't know if that was a bit of a long way round, but it's all sorted! Thanks a lot for the help all.

smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that