Hacking Upgrading from 3.1E to 3.2E

AdamBrunt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

As above really, is AnyRegion Changer the easiest method of upgrading 3.1E to 3.2E ? The Wii has the HBC installed.

IIRC it would just be a case of running AnyRegion and accepting the defaults, right ?

Regards,

Adam Brunt

AdamBrunt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks.

It's been a while since I used it (to downgrade from 3.3E) .. I'll let the person know. IIRC it takes a while to run.

screamq3

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah any region changer works fine for 3.1 to 3.2 .. used it on my brothers yesterday, only took around 5 mins, get the latest version of anyregionchanger

screamq3

Trophies
XP
Country
put all the files in a folder labelled anyregionchanger, rename the anyregionchanger.dol to boot.dol,put the folder in your apps folder. insert the sd card in the wii, make sure your wifi is enabled and boot it from the hbc.

if you havent already agreed to EULA then do so before installing other wise it will come up as an error as you need to accept them terms first for the network to initialise. let me know how it goes

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
screamq3 said:
put all the files in a folder labelled anyregionchanger, rename the anyregionchanger.dol to boot.dol,put the folder in your apps folder. insert the sd card in the wii, make sure your wifi is enabled and boot it from the hbc.

if you havent already agreed to EULA then do so before installing other wise it will come up as an error as you need to accept them terms first for the network to initialise. let me know how it goes

I don't have a wireless network.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
screamq3 said:
you have to have an internet connection

Goddamn
frown.gif

Too bad, I don't need that 3.2 anyway

No other way to get to 3.2?

screamq3

Trophies
XP
Country
only other way is if you have a modchip... and using WUM to inject the update into a iso, doesnt work with backup launchers. easier just to get a lan adapter mate, or if u know anyone that has wifi use their connection if they let you
smile.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
screamq3 said:
only other way is if you have a modchip... and using WUM to inject the update into a iso, doesnt work with backup launchers. easier just to get a lan adapter mate, or if u know anyone that has wifi use their connection if they let you
smile.gif

Aha, I've got a D2Pro
smile.gif

How do I use WUM to inject the update into an ISO (any ISO will do?) ?
I can remove them from an ISO, never put it into them
tongue.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Base said:
Maybe you can try this:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118...t=0&start=0

Look at step 2. Shows you how to get to 3.2E. Looks pretty simple, I have yet to try it though.

So I only have to do this:

+Load cIOS Downgrader in Homebrew channel MAKING SURE you PICK YOUR CORRECT REGION. Follow prompts until done.
3.2U = USA/Canada, 3.2E = Europe, 3.2J = Japan

elvis24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can get 3.2 from a game disc or one of the semi brick discs floating around. Just make sure you use the correct region for your wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1