Hacking Upgrading Big SD-card with emunand and cia files

Pitalacta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Here's exactly what I've been doing
1) Format the big sd card that goes into the 3ds (both the emunand partition (shows as unallocated) and the main partition)
2) Copy laucher.dat to the newly formatted card
3) Put the card in the 3ds, boot gateway menu and format emunand
4) Plug it to my PC, inject my old emunand.bin using emunand tool, copy/paste my backed up files
It should work but it doesn't. Gateway loads emunand 9.2 but none of my games and extra data are there

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Here's exactly what I've been doing
1) Format the big sd card that goes into the 3ds (both the emunand partition (shows as unallocated) and the main partition)
2) Copy laucher.dat to the newly formatted card
3) Put the card in the 3ds, boot gateway menu and format emunand
4) Plug it to my PC, inject my old emunand.bin using emunand tool, copy/paste my backed up files
It should work but it doesn't. Gateway loads emunand 9.2 but none of my games and extra data are there

It should work fine. Are you sure you copied the files to the right place?
Remember your games are in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder.
That folder should go on the root of the SD card.

If you see that message about "creating software management information" when booting the 3DS with your new SD card with the backup restored into it, you've clearly done something wrong.

Pitalacta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It should work fine. Are you sure you copied the files to the right place?
Remember your games are in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder.
That folder should go on the root of the SD card.

If you see that message about "creating software management information" when booting the 3DS with your new SD card with the backup restored into it, you've clearly done something wrong.
Yeah, everything is in the right place and I don't see that message.

Pitalacta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I managed to do it!
What I did was, instead of copy/pasting my files to the clean SD card, I first put it into the 3ds and let it create its files. Then, I copied over my backup without replacing what the 3ds had created.
All my games and extra data are there now :creep:

flabulousfreddy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to do it!
What I did was, instead of copy/pasting my files to the clean SD card, I first put it into the 3ds and let it create its files. Then, I copied over my backup without replacing what the 3ds had created.

Glad to hear that, man! Enjoy!

quantumboy

Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange, when I go back into devmenu(BBB) the title ids for the theme pack, pokemon x, and as, was all there but not visable on the title screen. Any one have any idea how to fix this? do I just need to re install the cias?

quantumboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to do it!

When you said you put it into the the 3ds do you mean you booted the 4.5 sys menu or you booted emunand too before putting your backup files back on

Pitalacta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When you said you put it into the the 3ds do you mean you booted the 4.5 sys menu or you booted emunand too before putting your backup files back on
Emunand (I don't think it matters if you run sysnand too, but idk).
I guess your sysnand and emunand are separated as well, huh? If so, you'll have two folders inside you "Nintendo 3ds" folder in your sd card. It happens when you format you sysnand or when you do a system transfer to your emunand.

For example, my 3DS folder looks like this:
9de87e7e29abe9c7049e21a9abe1c449.png

The first folder is from my emunand and the second is from sysnand (order may vary, you'll have to figure out which is which).
The folders in your backup should have the same name as the folders your sysnand and emunand create, but for some reason if you replace the new files with your old ones it doesn't work.
Try letting your emunand generate its stuff, then copy your backup without replacing anything.

quantumboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emunand (I don't think it matters if you run sysnand too, but idk).
I guess your sysnand and emunand are separated as well, huh? If so, you'll have two folders inside you "Nintendo 3ds" folder in your sd card. It happens when you format you sysnand or when you do a system transfer to your emunand.

For example, my 3DS folder looks like this:
9de87e7e29abe9c7049e21a9abe1c449.png

The first folder is from my emunand and the second is from sysnand (order may vary, you'll have to figure out which is which).
The folders in your backup should have the same name as the folders your sysnand and emunand create, but for some reason if you replace the new files with your old ones it doesn't work.
Try letting your emunand generate its stuff, then copy your backup without replacing anything.

Yes, Once I figured I had to load the contents of this folder to the right location (trial and error)it worked again. Thanks so much for the help guys

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I used the emunand tool to "downgrade" as well, this way I can install cia games to a smaller sd card that is otherwise impossible (since twice the space is needed)

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does extract and inject mean:wacko:

Are they making it sound more complicated than it is? I just learned how to make the CIA files myself....so I am going to need a bigger SD card.

Im guessing im supposed to get the new SD card, put the launcher file in there...format emunand... this is where I get lost with extracting and injecting.:wacko:

I need it explained slowly....:lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I have lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And I havent watched Brotherhood yet
    It was watchable, not sure what my favorite Anime is hmmm
    Castlevania or Baki probably
    Robotech was good
    DBZ I liked up until Cell after that it got too weird
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My youtube comment got 2k likes achievement unlocked
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, i also watch my hero academia and rewatching dragón ball starting from the og series
    Oh also loved Vanhellsing
    And Vanhellsing abridged lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking