Hacking upgrade softmii to 3.0

Col70

Trophies
XP
Country
I think that its pretty much available out there but from what I hear, there isn't too much on offer in this pack that you wont already have

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
softmii = epic fail. in a zip file.

it is a collection of tools, written by other people, and a guide as to what order to run them in. some of the tools are illegal and some are dangerous. because people dont actually know what they're running, they're just following a guide blindly, they have no idea of the dangers and will doubtlessly screw up sooner or later and brick. dont use softmii. if you really must, at least track down each part and find out what it does, then work it all out yourself. much safer.

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No love for SoftMii ? LOL (Kidding) It is a zip file, with everyone else's work inside.

Dude, go get the pieces from the original developers that you need, and handle things yourself.

Otherwise, do NOT come back here and ask how to unbrick yourself ... you will get no sympathy at all, as you can see
smile.gif

lolorlofl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't get it. I downloaded SoftMii 3.0, installed everything following the guide and my Wii is fine. The people complaining about bricks are obviously retarded and didn't install shit properly.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
most of the people complaining of bricks are those of us not stupid enought to install the thing in the first place. we just listen to n00bs complaining about bricks they get when trying to "softmod" their wiis and install softmii. if you follow the guide correctly you wont brick, but it is quite risky, because most people have no idea what they're doing, and no idea what each tool does, so they just blindly follow the guide, doing whatever they are told is the right thing to do, when often it is unnessecary and dangerous.

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
SifJar said:
most of the people complaining of bricks are those of us not stupid enought to install the thing in the first place. we just listen to n00bs complaining about bricks they get when trying to "softmod" their wiis and install softmii. if you follow the guide correctly you wont brick, but it is quite risky, because most people have no idea what they're doing, and no idea what each tool does, so they just blindly follow the guide, doing whatever they are told is the right thing to do, when often it is unnessecary and dangerous.

oh yer n the fact that they act like fucking scene gods...and that they make there own .xml and icons for most of the apps so that it looks like there work an just give a "special thanks" to the dev's pfff

THEFT
biggrin.gif

Jizmo09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poor Klinikal, oh sorry, I didn't spell your name the CoOl lEeT way, came to our irc channel and nobody gave a shit what he had to say. So now just like a bunch of other losers he feels the need to badmouth us in evey post he makes. So do as eveybody suggests, just get all the tools from gbatemp then try to follow the 500 different conflicting directions/posts that you find in these forums. Then when you have problems like a lot of people do regardless of what type of moding method they use, you can post a "bricked my Wii" thread here and maybe get some help or not. Or you could make a post like sl33p did a couple days ago saying softmii screwed up your Wii, though the facts are that he screwed it up with other files himself, then came to #softmii for realtime help with other peoples methods and tried to use the 3.0 pack to fix his wii and skipped a bunch of steps and got it partially working. But he didn't mention that part did he?

The Wii scene is now overrun by a bunch of noobs who have no patience or knowledge, not even the knowledge to know how to use a search button.

Don't worry about it though klinkikal, from now on when we get people with problems not related to the softmii pack I'll be sure to give your usename to them to message to you personally for help here. Then you can impress them with your vast knowledge and fix their Wii's for them. Just be sure to answer them all accurately and promptly else they might start bad mouthing you.

Have a nice day!

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
overran by n00bs?? hahahahh and let me see?? because you can replace a couple of .tpl files and unpack ash files etc..your obviously not a n00b r u jizmo pfff dude get a fucking grip of yourself and yet again here comes jizmo with another fucking wall of text...why pin point me dickhead?? take a look at the literally thousands of people who over the months have basically told softmii for what it is...just a fuckin guide like the rest of the guides on this site, and every other site...it actually worked...upto version 2.0

then you guys just fucked it, it had 1 interesting point themes, which to be honest...crediar made it possible and people had already done health screens and dont say its different cause it the fucking same aside from brlyt brlan stuff which was only because of Benzin, and now you moved away from softmod and themes because everytime you come in here you guys r a laughing stock and wiithemeteam are basically killing you on the themes...so now your gamingexposed.com WTF lol

i think that confirms you werent the best at guides, your not the best at themes..and basically 3.0 didnt even get a mention lol

be quiet jizmo and take the rest of softmii with you man..no one cares no more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night