Hacking Updating to 4.5

p2sboi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to update from 2.2.0 to 4.5. Is there any way to do this without a retail game? I was wondering if demo games from the store would work? I looked at the list with the games and their forced firmware updates. Would it be possible to download a demo game and put it onto a sd card and update thru that?

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To get to the eShop, you would have to fully update your system to 7.1 which would pretty much negate what you were trying to accomplish.

Edit: Ninja'ed

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question 1
I need to update from 2.2.0 to 4.5. Is there any way to do this without a retail game? I was wondering if demo games from the store would work? I looked at the list with the games and their forced firmware updates. Would it be possible to download a demo game and put it onto a sd card and update thru that?

Question 2
Is there a way I can play 3DS roms without GW/MT Card

Question 3
Is there a way I can play 3DS without buying a 3DS?

Unfortunately, even though 3ds roms are "free", you still have to put up an initial investment into getting it running. Primarily the cost of 4.5 update + 3ds + GW/MT

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Buy a used cartridge, then sell it again to recoup your investment. That was my plan, tho it's gotten delayed halfway as I'm enjoying Luigi's Mansion and don't want to lose my save progress.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like you're in the US. What I did was sign up for a 30 day free trial at Gamefly, rented a game that had the 4.5 update (found which ones they were by checking Pong20302000's http://3ds.essh.co/ website), updated my 3DS to 4.5, returned the games I'd rented before the trial expired and ended up with a 3DS updated to 4.5. Didn't need to spend a dime.

Unjustly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You could also use gateway 3ds 1.2 and download a 4.5 update game like luigi's mansion 2 which will prompt the 4.5 update, but this is only possible prior to updating the FPGA of the red gateway card.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You could also use gateway 3ds 1.2 and download a 4.5 update game like luigi's mansion 2 which will prompt the 4.5 update, but this is only possible prior to updating the FPGA of the red gateway card.
He can't do that because he is using 2.2 (on which gateway wouldn't work).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4