Hacking Updating to 4.0

Wiiplayer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,
Sorry if this information can be found somewhere else, but I was wondering (and reading) that if you have Homebrew Channel on your system and decide to update your Wii to 4.0, then the Homebrew Channel will still work. Is that correct? Or will the apps on the SD card no longer respond? See, all I want to do is keep on playing Tatsunoko v.s. Capcom; I could care less about the other apps. Thank you!

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HBC will still work fine. It won't delete dvdx or cios either if those are installed, but it prevents the installation of any homebrew apps (wads dvdx cios HBC Twilight Hack etc) if it isn't already installed.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just run Waninkoko's Firmware Upgrader and you will have all the features of 4.0 without anything broken. I confirm this working, i had to run it twice though because it failed installing shop channel 1.1 the first time. So in other words if you dont get the sd card menu after running this, run it again and you should have it.

Wiiplayer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OneUp said:
HBC will still work fine. It won't delete dvdx or cios either if those are installed, but it prevents the installation of any homebrew apps (wads dvdx cios HBC Twilight Hack etc) if it isn't already installed.

...I don't think I have those installed. Like I said, I'm just using it to play a Japanese fighter. I am using the Gecko 1.07 app. So that will still be alright?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@