Updating to 11.8

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Virdoo, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Virdoo
    OP

Virdoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    So I was following tutorial really close and encountered a problem. I've copied every file as i was supposed to and on section 2 i got stuck at:
    1. Launch Luma3DS chainloader menu by holding (Start) during boot
    2. Launch SafeB9SInstaller by pressing (A)
    I boot to Luma3ds chainloader and don't have option launch safeb9sinstaller

**Fixed by copying safeb9sinstaller.bin also. Wondering why it doesn't says so in instruction...

Last edited by Virdoo, Sep 24, 2018
  2. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Ok, something is really wrong. After I managed somehow to work safeb9Sinstaller in chainloader I can't pass safe check. I got error sighax firm was not installed check bottom screen. And on bottom screen it says secret_sector.bin is missing. i've checked around and it seemed like secret sector file was missing from a9lh folder of root of my sd card. I went to check and it's there. After it i've redownloaded it and pasted, still getting same error. Any help?

3. HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie GBAtemp Regular

Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Camden, New Jersey
    So hold up...my 3ds is purely hacked the shit out of xD and i was in the banned wave when it stupidly happen..i was wondering with this update..will it like remove the band i have on my 3ds off?? by any chance?? or if anyone knows how to stinking get un banned. been banned since..jeez the banned wave happen. was waiting until someone found a solution on how to remove the damn banned wave shit off of the 3ds ;-;

4. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    first off. no, updating will not ever remove a ban. Second. depending on the ban itself. If its just a lfcs one you can unban from that. If its a console ban, then that console is screwed.

HinaNaru Cutie likes this.
  5. HinaNaru Cutie

Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Camden, New Jersey
    fuck me life, i got reckt from this shit lol

6. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    You can get seed from some other console to unban it. There are platy of tutorials out there so check them.

Also no help for:
    Ok, something is really wrong. After I managed somehow to work safeb9Sinstaller in chainloader I can't pass safe check. I got error sighax firm was not installed check bottom screen. And on bottom screen it says secret_sector.bin is missing. i've checked around and it seemed like secret sector file was missing from a9lh folder of root of my sd card. I went to check and it's there. After it i've redownloaded it and pasted, still getting same error. Any help?

HinaNaru Cutie likes this.
  7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It doesn't, because the guide you're following is for updating B9S, not for updating A9LH to B9S. It seems like you're still on A9LH so you'll have to follow https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

8. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    I'm pretty sure i've updated to B9S. Is there way to check it?

9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You haven't, B9S doesn't load .bin files. The very fact that you needed to use the .bin file tells me that you don't have B9S.
    This also explains why you got the secret_sector.bin error (in the A9LH to B9S guide it's placed in the boot9strap folder, when updating B9S itself the file is actually not needed at all)

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Sep 25, 2018
  10. Virdoo
    OP

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Alright, then i'm going to install B9S and then try all over again. Hopefully it's not going to mess anythign.

11. Escorpion

Escorpion GBAtemp Regular

Aug 25, 2015
    Colombia
    Quindío
    So you was on A9LH :rofl::rofl:, hhahahahaha, thing´s that happen...

12. HinaNaru Cutie

Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Camden, New Jersey

Hmm well i'm gonna try that out than, thank you for the advice :3!!