1. chiefdaveyy

OP chiefdaveyy Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Anyone have any idea how I can upgrade my system fw from 8.1.0 (using atmosphere 0.13) to 9.1 so animal kingdom will install? I can't do it through the system cuz it'll automatically go to a fw above 10 and completely ruin my homebrew.

2. scandal_uk

scandal_uk Not Really There

United Kingdom
    Really?? What homebrew is affected by fw 10+??

3. BaamAlex

BaamAlex Eduard Pinguingummihals!

Germany
    Erm...bro...homebrew works fine on the latest firmware :P

4. TheCasualties

TheCasualties GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Afaik Alien v Predator homebrew doesn't work on 10.0 +. I've not tried since i'm already on 10, but the posts in that thread say it needs an update. As you can see here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/unofficial-alien-vs-predator-gold-switch-edition.532573/page-7

Other than that, yea everything else works fine. So unless you want to play AvP, the latest firmware will be fine.

To answer OP's question though..

Just download (search the web for) the firmware version you want and install it w/ choidujourNX. Make a new NAND backup before you update if you want to be safe. Really you should only update with Choi, as connecting to NIN servers on cfw could get you banned (if you aren't already).

Oh and if you have any Custom Themes installed, remove them before updating and restore after.

Last edited by TheCasualties, Jun 30, 2020 at 12:30 AM
  5. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Upgrade your firmware manually but as a FYI you are going to need to be on 10.0.2 minimum for all the latest games and DLC

TheCasualties likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Updating, system,