Hacking Question Updating sysNAND from 6.2.0 while I have 6.1.0.

Sir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have been away form the scene for a while. I have a sysnand of 6.2.0 and an emunand of 6.1.0 using SXOS and AutoRCM.

Is it fine to update my sysnand firmware to the latest using the ChoiDujour with auto RCM on or do I need to turn auto RCM off. I fear that if I turn auto rcm off I will be at risk of burning fuses during the updating process. Thanks

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what reason do you want to "update" other than just to "update"? I would absolutely stay on 6.2.0! There is nothing new and amazing that OFW >= 7.0.0 brings to the table. It doesn't make any sense for you to hassle yourself with "updating" to anything above 6.2.0.

Just because it's "NEW" don't make it better. ;)

Reactions: Sir

aelleon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking about updating to 7.0.1 to download games from the store and to play them online (unless there is a way to access the eshop without updating to the latest fw?).

If I update using choi and preserve those fuses, does N currently check your fuse count after you actually boot into the ofw?

Sir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For what reason do you want to "update" other than just to "update"? I would absolutely stay on 6.2.0! There is nothing new and amazing that OFW >= 7.0.0 brings to the table. It doesn't make any sense for you to hassle yourself with "updating" to anything above 6.2.0.

Just because it's "NEW" don't make it better. ;)

Actually, I OFW is 6.1.0 and I want to use my emunand to play online on the latest.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually, I OFW is 6.1.0 and I want to use my emunand to play online on the latest.
That seems phrased a bit incorrectly. You definitely do NOT want to use your Emunand to play online on the latest firmware. First, because this is CFW and will get you banned and second, well, SX OS doesn't work on the latest fw.
I'm assuming you wanted to say you want to update your Sysnand to play online on the latest.
Just update Sysnand with ChoiDujourNX and if you have SX OS 2.5.3, 6.2 Emunand will work on that.

Reactions: FanboyKilla

Sir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That seems phrased a bit incorrectly. You definitely do NOT want to use your Emunand to play online on the latest firmware. First, because this is CFW and will get you banned and second, well, SX OS doesn't work on the latest fw.
I'm assuming you wanted to say you want to update your Sysnand to play online on the latest.
Just update Sysnand with ChoiDujourNX and if you have SX OS 2.5.3, 6.2 Emunand will work on that.

Yeah my bad on that one, I meant I want to use my OFW which is in 6.2 to be updated to the latest firmware, while my 6.1 sxos emunand stays at that firmware for all the homebrew stuff.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
with emunand as long as you manually boot into it from boot menu with boot ofw with emunand enabled it will boot to emunand with no cfw. so would this be safe to go online?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1