Gaming Updating Prometheus?

aimansss95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, i just bought a psp for about two month and i'm still a bit noobish at this kind of thing.

at first i used 5.50 gen-d3 and i had changed it to prometheus 2
and i'm wondering if there's any update on this prometheus cause i've seen prometheus version 4,5 and so on.
Do i need to update it? And if so how? could you direct me to any guide telling me how to update them??

PS : And is it possible to play MGS : Peace walker on prome-2??

vash117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no u shouldnt have to update to prometheus-4 cuz i just got god of war ghost of sparta and it plays fine on 5.50 prometheus also to play mgs peace walker just get the 5.50 freeze fix and run it b4 you start the game each time

aimansss95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you give me a link to the patch?
thank you

EDIT = oh yeah, if i didn't aply the patch, at what part of the will the game freezes??

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
vash117 said:
no u shouldnt have to update to prometheus-4 cuz i just got god of war ghost of sparta and it plays fine on 5.50 prometheus also to play mgs peace walker just get the 5.50 freeze fix and run it b4 you start the game each time
Bro, if it's the Time Machine you're on about, that downgrades you to D2, and as such you can't run some games for D3 (GvGN+ for example)

QUOTE(aimansss95 @ Nov 3 2010, 04:43 PM) Could you give me a link to the patch?
thank you

http://filetrip.net/f22102-5-50-Promethius-v1-1-0.html
Couldn't find it on FileTrip, had to upload it. I played through MGS Peace Walker on that firmware just fine.
I might add the other versions too, just there is a complete set.

aimansss95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you're going to re-upload it again right??\
cause there's not a file in the link you gave me.
And is prome-2 is more latest than the cfw you're using to play MGS?

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prome2 is the latest version. All that v4, v5, v6 stuff is actually going to dial you back. Just stay on Prome2 and you shouldn't run into too many issues.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vash117 said:

I have Prometeus v6 for PSP 1001 and played God of War Ghost of Sparta untouched version . It works fine on 5.50 Prometheus v6. And I finished this game no problem.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
For the final time....there is no Prometheus v6. If you're saying a game works fine on a fictional firmware then fine, you should try out Rydians firmware, but other than Prometheus 1, 2 and 3(released in the last 24 hours) there are merely modular bolt ons to firmwares and patches to games.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
That's the contention Rydian. There are 7 varieties of module that you patch into your games, and some sites started labelling the 5.00M33 Prometheus Module flasher Prometheus v"X".

However, there are only THREE varieties of full Prometheus firmware, 1, 2 and 3 which work on different iterations of base GEN firmware (and the M33 update).

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is this Prome3 y'all speak of?
tongue.gif

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
For the final time....there is no Prometheus v6. If you're saying a game works fine on a fictional firmware then fine, you should try out Rydians firmware, but other than Prometheus 1, 2 and 3(released in the last 24 hours) there are merely modular bolt ons to firmwares and patches to games.

Yes there is.. I have it on my psp.. How do you know it's a fictional firmware ? And a proof here:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=318448

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Congrats linking to the module that's either manually patched into games with WQSQ_UMD/UMDGen or automatically patched in with ISO Tool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yea the only game they rereleased are the game boy and games boy color ones...