Hacking Updating new japanese 3ds to 9.2

theinternetnomad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, my friend just bought the monster hunter 4 ultimate new 3ds LL/XL bundle which I believe ships with 8.x, I don't have any japanese games so I don't know how I should proceed in getting the system to 9.2. Can I run safesysupdater and "downgrade" to 9.2 from 8.x? can I even run the homebrewlauncher through oot or the web exploit on firmwares prior to 9.2? I realize I also need to remove certain files from the 9.2 updates folder as well as it is a japanese 3ds.

help would be appreciated

Thanks!

exdeath255

Trophies
Website
www.com
XP
Country
Canada
i would love to know about this as well since im trying to get my old 8.1J n3ds small to a9lh 11.0J. I bought a sky3ds so i could get exploit games just in case and its coming tomorrow!

theinternetnomad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm, looking at it looks like I need cubic ninja which is expensive, would i need the japanese version? could i just use oothax instead, or should i just opt for a japanese 3ds game that has 9.2 on it? does smash? i might just buy the japanese game as it's easier.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, looking at it looks like I need cubic ninja which is expensive, would i need the japanese version? could i just use oothax instead, or should i just opt for a japanese 3ds game that has 9.2 on it? does smash? i might just buy the japanese game as it's easier.
You would need the physical Japanese version of any game you decide to get, whether it be Cubic Ninja, Smash, or OoT.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update. Use this to find out what you have to do to update to 9.2.0.
Not sure if 8.1-0J is in the scope of that guide. You can't get into homebrew on that firmware and lack of a browser prevents things like rxTools. One (expensive) solution is to buy a Gateway cartridge and a means to get into it (OoT and PowerSaves or Cubic Ninja for example). You can then use Gateway 4.0b version (any lower version will brick you) and installed sysupdater to update to 9.0-20J. I think it is possible to do it with network trickery also, but would be a complicated, difficult method.

Edit: I just had an actual look at the page, and it DOES have a way to do it! And doesn't look too hard, to boot! Plailect is very impressive.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if 8.1-0J is in the scope of that guide. You can't get into homebrew on that firmware and lack of a browser prevents things like rxTools. One (expensive) solution is to buy a Gateway cartridge and a means to get into it (OoT and PowerSaves or Cubic Ninja for example). You can then use Gateway 4.0b version (any lower version will brick you) and installed sysupdater to update to 9.0-20J. I think it is possible to do it with network trickery also, but would be a complicated, difficult method.
According to the 9.2.0 update guide, this works for 8.1-0J.

exdeath255

Trophies
Website
www.com
XP
Country
Canada
So im getting sky3ds delivered sometime tomorrow and i already have GW3ds and US OOT3D.

I have a US 11.0U N3DS a9lh
Im trying to get my small jap n3ds 8.1j hacked.

So there is a way with what ive got?

Im trying to stay away from private server if i can. [ funny though since im going into computer networking in college lol]

Last edited by exdeath255,

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So im getting sky3ds delivered sometime tomorrow and i already have GW3ds and US OOT3D.

I have a US 11.0U N3DS a9lh
Im trying to get my small jap n3ds 8.1j hacked.

So there is a way with what ive got?

Put Japanese Ocarina of Time onto Sky3DS and use your US 3DS to run the oot3dhax installer via homebrew launcher.

exdeath255

Trophies
Website
www.com
XP
Country
Canada
sounds like it might work out. rememeber i still wont have browser so things might get weird i think. really want this 200 dollar paperweight to get back to playing more than keroro RPG and pokemon.

Last edited by exdeath255,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put Japanese Ocarina of Time onto Sky3DS and use your US 3DS to run the oot3dhax installer via homebrew launcher.
The oot3dhax sploit installer DOES NOT work on 11.0. The installer has not been updated for 11.0 so this method WILL NOT work.

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The oot3dhax sploit installer DOES NOT work on 11.0. The installer has not been updated for 11.0 so this method WILL NOT work.
Strange, since I know that the exploit itself works on 11.0.

Anyway, you could also flash the Japanese version of Cubic Ninja for the equivalent.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0