Mariyan11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Greeting.

I bought a hacked Switch in 2019 which was with the 9.0.0 firmware at the time and until now I never felt the need to update, but I want to play some recent games and I want to update to the latest firmware.

I'm admittedly quite lost about switch piracy (apart from installing games on the console), so can anyone tell me the simplest and safest way to update to the latest firmware?

I also have a RCM Loader which came with the Switch which I use to boot to Hekate, so do I need to update something on it as well?

My SD card is formatted to Fat 32 and my Switch is unpatched.

Last edited by Mariyan11,

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
First step is to update the CFW to the latest version.
You need to update the files on the SD card and the primary payload in the RCM loader.
Do make a backup of your SD card just in case something goes wrong.
After you confirm that the latest CFW is working as expected, you can use either ChoiDujJourNX or the newer Daybreak to update the firmware itself.
Ofcourse needless to say, make a NAND backup before doing the Switch firmware update.
Note that the CFW disables the update of the card reader by default.
If you want access to the card reader, you need to change the nogc setting.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greeting.

I bought a hacked Switch in 2019 which was with the 9.0.0 firmware at the time and until now I never felt the need to update, but I want to play some recent games and I want to update to the latest firmware.

I'm admittedly quite lost about switch piracy (apart from installing games on the console), so can anyone tell me the simplest and safest way to update to the latest firmware?

I also have a RCM Loader which came with the Switch which I use to boot to Hekate, so do I need to update something on it as well?

My SD card is formatted to Fat 32 and my Switch is unpatched.
Use either ChoiDujourNX or Daybreak to update the firmware. As for the CFW files, I recommend grabbing those from SDSetup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1