Hacking Updating Luma error

vinstage

sweg
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Attempting to update Luma after god knows how long of abandoning my 3DS (has b9s btw). On the Luma Updater it seems to fail due to incompatible update path, fix?

NeoSDAP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
If you have Luma 7.1 you most likely have B9S 1.0/1.1 installed as well.

Remember that Luma 8 onwards, require B9S 1.2 or higher to operate.

I would recommend upgrading B9S first and then updating Luma

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you have Luma 7.1 you most likely have B9S 1.0/1.1 installed as well.

Remember that Luma 8 onwards, require B9S 1.2 or higher to operate.

I would recommend upgrading B9S first and then updating Luma
Additionally, the version of Luma Updater that was current back then no longer works as GitHub dropped support for older SSL/TLS versions (which is all the 3DS supports natively), so a manual update is required to get stuff like Luma Updater and FBI self-update and QR code installs working again.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you sure you are using B9S and Luma v7.1? Hold (Select) while booting to bring up the Luma settings. On the top of the upper screen it should say:
Luma3DS v??? configuration

If the version number is v7.0.5 or lower you have A9LH: A9LH → B9S
For v7.1 → Updating B9S. (As this gave you trouble because no chainloader menu appearing there might be some problem with the SD)
For v8.0 or higher → Replace boot.firm with the latest version.

Please make sure to update GodMode9 as well as the boot.firm on the NAND.

edit: renamed the b9s installer payload to 'start_payload.firm'
Huh?

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could also switch to Fastboot 3DS. It's a more feature-filled alternative for boot9strap that natively supports multiple payloads; convenient for people who might need to boot an arbitrary .firm file, or for people like me who enjoy fancy menus.

vinstage

sweg
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
You could also switch to Fastboot 3DS. It's a more feature-filled alternative for boot9strap that natively supports multiple payloads; convenient for people who might need to boot an arbitrary .firm file, or for people like me who enjoy fancy menus.
If I wasn’t so noob with a lot of this stuff it’d be really appealing but I’m just happy sticking to the common choice just because it seems more noob proof haha. Thank you though!
NEVER use Luma3DS Updater

Update luma manual and 0 problems
How come could I ask? Aside from a couple of bumps I’ve had a rather easy time with it in the past but that could be why; outdated.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I wasn’t so noob with a lot of this stuff it’d be really appealing but I’m just happy sticking to the common choice just because it seems more noob proof haha. Thank you though!

How come could I ask? Aside from a couple of bumps I’ve had a rather easy time with it in the past but that could be why; outdated.
Luma Updater is fine, but it requires manual updates so frequently that it kind of defeats the purpose. It might be worth it for someone to make a Luma Updater Updater.

Reactions: vinstage

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P