Tutorial  Updated

Updating from rxTools to Luma3DS

Follow https://3ds.guide to install Boot9strap, the latest and best setup you can have. It's super easy to setup, highly recommended to make the switch. Stop using EmuNAND and menuhax!!
Also, there's a step in the guide that has you move EmuNAND to sysNAND. So you won't lose any of your stuff in the end.

If you want personal one on one help with the process, send me a PM or let me know in a reply. It's also much quicker with my help than doing it on your own.

Last edited by MattKimura,

gaberilde

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey i found a bug if you use CTR Boot Manager to auto boot this it will be stuck on a black screen but manually selecting it works.

Tested with latest lumanand and CTR Boot Manager.
Specs:

Old 3ds

Sysnand latest 9.2
Emunand latest 3ds version

mommafish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I cannot get Luma3DS to work. I am currently using rxtools.

Here is what i did step by step.
Placed Luma3ds.dat into SD card root
Configure boot.cfg to include Luma3ds
Turn on 3DS, load up CTR boot manager
Select Luma3DS.
3DS instantly shutdown.

Old3ds RX-E 11.0.0-33U
Sysnand 9.2

EDIT: Its working now. Have to put arm9loaderhax.bin in root folder for it to work too.

Last edited by mommafish,
Reactions: ZedMania

gaberilde

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes i figured out you needed to put that file in as it is the loader thingy the bug ^^ i got is werid the bug is with this not rxtools as that does it fine

D

Deleted User

Quick tip for noobies,you need to have the arm9loaderhax.bin in the root along with the other bin regardless if you run emunand or not.Also make shure you make a folder called "luma" on the root aswell and inside that folder make a folder called "payloads"

Edit-You can also add splash themes to it which are like custom boot themes whenever you boot up luma by holding select on boot them in the splash section choose eather before or after.You may need to look up permade ones,once you find them just drag the splash.bin to the luma folder and make shure you have eather before or after checked.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: MattKimura

kumarachristian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Quick tip for noobies,you need to have the arm9loaderhax.bin in the root along with the other bin regardless if you run emunand or not.Also make shure you make a folder called "luma" on the root aswell and inside that folder make a folder called "payloads"

Edit-You can also add splash themes to it which are like custom boot themes whenever you boot up luma by holding select on boot them in the splash section choose eather before or after.You may need to look up permade ones,once you find them just drag the splash.bin to the luma folder and make shure you have eather before or after checked.

man,ive already do the stage,can i reset and redo again with your instructions?

D

Deleted User

man,ive already do the stage,can i reset and redo again with your instructions?

You don't need to,just make shure you have the following in the correct spots

•Arm9loaderhax.bin(root)

•Luma3Ds.bin(root)

•A folder called "luma"(root) if you don't have one make one,also inside the luma folder create anoughter folder called "payloads"

•Put the Luma3DS folder that has a .3dsx file inside the "3ds" folder (where you put all your hbl applications)

Once you do that just boot up the hbl through menuhax and launch luma,if done correctly you will be greeted with a text screen that says "Luma3DS v6.3" in blue.

Check "Show NAND or user string in system settings" then press start and you are done.

Reactions: tomazzzi

kumarachristian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

•Arm9loaderhax.bin(root)

•Luma3Ds.bin(root)

•A folder called "luma"(root) if you don't have one make one,also inside the luma folder create anoughter folder called "payloads"

•Put the Luma3DS folder that has a .3dsx file inside the "3ds" folder (where you put all your hbl applications)

Once you do that just boot up the hbl through menuhax and launch luma,if done correctly you will be greeted with a text screen that says "Luma3DS v6.3" in blue.

Check "Show NAND or user string in system settings" then press start and you are done.
THANKYOU SO MUCHH !!

aerosukku

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello i would like to make a clean install of luma3ds with arm9loaderhax, my old 3ds is with rx tool at 11.0.33 emunand the sysnand is 9.2, my question is there is how should i do it ? just delede everything in the sd and start from there, should i back up something or start with this guide? thanks a lot in advance

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello i would like to make a clean install of luma3ds with arm9loaderhax, my old 3ds is with rx tool at 11.0.33 emunand the sysnand is 9.2, my question is there is how should i do it ? just delede everything in the sd and start from there, should i back up something or start with this guide? thanks a lot in advance
No need to delete anything, you would simply follow the Arm9loaderhax guide. The guide will have you copy emunand to sysnand, then delete emunand.
Follow part 1 HERE

Then part 2 and part 3

On part 3 section IV, you'll do the "Moving RedNAND" step which moves emunand to sysnand.

aaron0791

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

•Arm9loaderhax.bin(root)

•Luma3Ds.bin(root)

Hello, I followed every step that you mentioned but there is not Luma3DS.bin. It was not in the zip folder and all I get is the damn stupid black screen. This tutorial should be updated, too many people are getting stuck in the black screen.

aaron0791

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

•Arm9loaderhax.bin(root)

•Luma3Ds.bin(root)

I deleted everything on my sd card, re do everything as you said (except placing the Lums3ds.bin on root since it doesnt come on the zip folder and there is nowhere to be found) and still black screen is showing up. Nothing happens after the configuration page shows. I feel like just sticking to RXtools unless someone can actually manage to fix the black screen :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get use to Linux then
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Go with Linux Mint.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    wget "Microsoft edge.exe"
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm using linux mint on my other machine, works decent
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    deltree c:\windows\system32\*.* :tpi:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Why not stick to your other machine, no?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    my other machine is old, mostly used for just browsing , some multimedia stuff as it's just old
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Daddy's wallet