Updating emunand firmware

Blueberry57

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to update my emunand to firmware 13.1, but not sure how without risking a ban. I made an emunand when I started out and I don't think I've ever went back into sysnand so it should be clean, so I could update sysnand normally by going online with it then dump the update to emunand or however that works. BUT if I go online in sysnand while having games installed I didn't purchase I feel like that'll be a sure fire ban. Or maybe there are other traces that would ban me anyway? I was always hazy on that. Although, can you still get firmware updates if you're banned? If so, I might not care anymore. Or is there some other way to update my firmware without sysnand touching the internet?

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming Atmosphere: To update your emuNand without going online with your console, find the firmware using your PC, copy that to the SD card, then use Daybreak to update it. Your Switch won't have to go online. Just google; you'll find it.
If your sysNand is clean, you should be able to go online on your sysNand, but not emuNand. Some additional reads here and here.

Reactions: impeeza

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Call me paranoid, but I use a "clean" sd card for sysnand. By clean, I mean there no .nsps installed and no emuemmc present. It has only what is included in those .zips on Github, and configured to only use sysnand. I don't install anything at all on that card, except for what comes from the e-shop. Other than that, it's just an .nro file for saving save files (JKSV, I think?), and one for dumping firmware (to copy to my other card and install on emuemmc).

On my CFW card, I use emuemmc ONLY, and have the serial number blanked out on that emuemmc. Again, some may call it overkill, but I've been on CFW, including SX, since the beginning, and I'm not banned.

Reactions: Xocide

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only place would be instagram.