Hacking Updating CFW

Clerono

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I bought a PS3 today, already with a CFW installed and multiman.

The issue is that it requires a disc to load and I didn't get a disc, but after googling I saw that Rogero could load without disc but certain games only. Thing is, I get the payload error so I figured that I had to update my CFW.

The version my XMB shows is 4.25, Im guessing thats the CFW installed. I was thinking about uploading to 4.40 Miralatijera, yet since Im completely new at this I have no idea where to begin.

Thank you for your help.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use either the latest Rogero or Rebug, Miralatijera is cutting edge.

To load a game discless, update your multiman to the latest. After you pick your game through multiman, scroll to PlayStation 3 under Game.

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a PS3 today, already with a CFW installed and multiman.

The issue is that it requires a disc to load and I didn't get a disc, but after googling I saw that Rogero could load without disc but certain games only. Thing is, I get the payload error so I figured that I had to update my CFW.

The version my XMB shows is 4.25, Im guessing thats the CFW installed. I was thinking about uploading to 4.40 Miralatijera, yet since Im completely new at this I have no idea where to begin.

Thank you for your help.
Discless support has gotten a lot better since the advent of back-up managers on CFW PS3s, but it's still not 100%. Also, the trigger disc doesn't have to be the latest $70 retail game. I've been using the Move Bundle Install disc that came with my PS3 for years as a trigger.

Clerono

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Discless support has gotten a lot better since the advent of back-up managers on CFW PS3s, but it's still not 100%. Also, the trigger disc doesn't have to be the latest $70 retail game. I've been using the Move Bundle Install disc that came with my PS3 for years as a trigger.
I've been trying with a lot of games and so far only 2 or 3 have failed to load without a disk.

Just another question, there are some games that ask for an update, is it safe to do so? For instance, when I cancelled the Dark Souls update the game crashed with a black screen.

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying with a lot of games and so far only 2 or 3 have failed to load without a disk.

Just another question, there are some games that ask for an update, is it safe to do so? For instance, when I cancelled the Dark Souls update the game crashed with a black screen.
I've never personally experienced any issues updating games. If you want to avoid those prompts, simply turn off the network connection on the XMB before launching the game.

Clerono

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I've never personally experienced any issues updating games. If you want to avoid those prompts, simply turn off the network connection on the XMB before launching the game.
It isn't a matter of internet or not, I only configured internet using a wire so I could transfer the games.
I know there is a folder called UPDATE in every game, maybe that's what is asking me to update? If so, I should just do it, right?

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It isn't a matter of internet or not, I only configured internet using a wire so I could transfer the games.
I know there is a folder called UPDATE in every game, maybe that's what is asking me to update? If so, I should just do it, right?
The UPDATE folder contains a .pup file for the PS3s firmware, it has nothing to do with the game itself. Some people delete this folder to save room, yet others suggest deleting the .pup file only. Personally, I do neither.

I know it isn't an internet issue. It's just that if PSN detects a game update, it won't let you play it until you update the game (not the console.) This is completely safe, but if you're uncomfortable doing so (lord knows I was the first few times) you can still play the game without updating it by putting the PS3 offline; this was only reason I mentioned that in the first place.

Clerono

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Alright thanks for the help.

I was playing with this all day (the ps3, not the games) to learn more about the tools and all. Managed to get a good grasp of it so I think I'll do well for a while.

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
You're probably on 3.55 CFW spoofed to 4.25. You should consider updating to Rebug 4.30.2 because all games and game updates work on 4.30 CFW.

Regarding game updates, only update if you're on 4.30 CFW. If you update while on 3.55 CFW (which you're currently on), latest game update won't work, you will have to patch them.

Anyways, here's a quick and easy guide to install Rebug 4.30.2:

1- Make NOR/NAND dump (optional):
Install latest version of multiMAN, plug in a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive into the right USB port, launch multiMAN under Games and go to mmOS->Select any file->Open in HEX viewer->[SELECT]->[START]->DUMP LV2(NO)->DUMP LV1(NO)->DUMP FLASH(YES)
2- Install Rebug 4.30.2 from XMB:
Download Rebug 4.30.2 from Rebug's website, rename the PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP and put it on your FAT32 formatted flash drive in PS3\UPDATE and go to System Update and Update via Storage Media. Make sure there's no original game disk in the drive and that you don't Update via Internet or else you would risk installing OFW higher than 3.55!
3- Enable QA:
Install Rebug Toolbox from Package Manager, launch it under Games, go to Utilities and enable QA. This is to ensure easier and safer downgrading.
4- Spoof to 4.40:
Download Rebug_Update_Package.pkg from Rebug's website, install it from Package Manager, launch it under Games, follow the on screen prompts, PS3 will reboot if needed when finished. Once the PS3 has rebooted you can delete Rebug Update Package from your XMB as it is not needed. Now launch Rebug Toolbox, go to Selector and change System Mode to Rebug, this will spoof to 4.40 to prevent accidental updates and allow PSN access. You can also change XMB Operation Mode to Retail and Debug Menu Type to CEX QA to ensure you have the Retail menus instead of the Debug menus which you probably won't need.

Reactions: Clerono and Coto

Clerono

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
You're probably on 3.55 CFW spoofed to 4.25. You should consider updating to Rebug 4.30.2 because all games and game updates work on 4.30 CFW.

Regarding game updates, only update if you're on 4.30 CFW. If you update while on 3.55 CFW (which you're currently on), latest game update won't work, you will have to patch them.

Anyways, here's a quick and easy guide to install Rebug 4.30.2:

1- Make NOR/NAND dump (optional):
Install latest version of multiMAN, plug in a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive into the right USB port, launch multiMAN under Games and go to mmOS->Select any file->Open in HEX viewer->[SELECT]->[START]->DUMP LV2(NO)->DUMP LV1(NO)->DUMP FLASH(YES)
2- Install Rebug 4.30.2 from XMB:
Download Rebug 4.30.2 from Rebug's website, rename the PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP and put it on your FAT32 formatted flash drive in PS3\UPDATE and go to System Update and Update via Storage Media. Make sure there's no original game disk in the drive and that you don't Update via Internet or else you would risk installing OFW higher than 3.55!
3- Enable QA:
Install Rebug Toolbox from Package Manager, launch it under Games, go to Utilities and enable QA. This is to ensure easier and safer downgrading.
4- Spoof to 4.40:
Download Rebug_Update_Package.pkg from Rebug's website, install it from Package Manager, launch it under Games, follow the on screen prompts, PS3 will reboot if needed when finished. Once the PS3 has rebooted you can delete Rebug Update Package from your XMB as it is not needed. Now launch Rebug Toolbox, go to Selector and change System Mode to Rebug, this will spoof to 4.40 to prevent accidental updates and allow PSN access. You can also change XMB Operation Mode to Retail and Debug Menu Type to CEX QA to ensure you have the Retail menus instead of the Debug menus which you probably won't need.

Excellent guide, helps a lot. Just a quick question, I was reading that I needed to go back to OFW 3.55 in order to update to Rogero 4.30, or can I install the CFW on top of the one I have? I don't even know if it's compatible or what kind of CFW I have installed.

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent guide, helps a lot. Just a quick question, I was reading that I needed to go back to OFW 3.55 in order to update to Rogero 4.30, or can I install the CFW on top of the one I have? I don't even know if it's compatible or what kind of CFW I have installed.
This guide is for Rebug 4.30.2. Yes Rebug 4.30.2 can be installed from XMB on any CFW below 4.31 so no need to go back to OFW 3.55 first.

Clerono

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
This guide is for Rebug 4.30.2. Yes Rebug 4.30.2 can be installed from XMB on any CFW below 4.31 so no need to go back to OFW 3.55 first.

I just installed the Rebug 4.30.2 and rogero, multiman, and the package installer is giving me error codes 80001007, how do I fix it?

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed the Rebug 4.30.2 and rogero, multiman, and the package installer is giving me error codes 80001007, how do I fix it?

Rogero backup loader or Rogero CFW? Find out exacty which CFW you are on and make sure that the multiman .pkg is compatible.

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country

What do u mean by you "just installed the Rebug 4.30.2 and rogero"??? Did u install Rebug or Rogero?? Did u follow my guide?

What exactly are you trying to do when you get error 80001007??

Clerono

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
What do u mean by you "just installed the Rebug 4.30.2 and rogero"??? Did u install Rebug or Rogero?? Did u follow my guide?

What exactly are you trying to do when you get error 80001007??

I installed Rebug 4.30.

I had Rogero and Multiman installed, to load games. I didnt install anything but the CFW from your guide.
I get error 8001007 when I try to load Rogero or Multiman, loading a previously installed pkg game like Journey works just fine.

Right now I'm downloading a recent Multiman version, as the one I had is apparently 04.04.00 and from what I'm reading its not compatible.

Clerono

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
If you followed my guide, you would have updated mM to the latest version as per step 1 ;)
Yes, my bad.
I figured I had the latest multiman as I bought the ps3 2 days ago and the guy who sold it to me said the loaders were updated and all.
Never trusting sellers again.

So anyways, Im updating right now. But I installed the package manager, and it throws me an error code 8001007 as well.

*So I installed Multiman 04.20 FULL CEX and my Multiman is loading properly now. Games also load just as before. Thanks a lot for the help, it was my fault to not noticing the Multiman update before. Kudos.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: @Sonic Angel Knight :bortz2: