Hacking Updates via games?

Vaala

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is it theoretically and practically possible for Nintendo to include updates/hack searches inside games?

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bladexdsl said:
animal crossing has the latest 3.4 update

It is my understanding that Animal Crossing has the 3.3v2 update.
The game was released before the 3.4 update, so it would seem somewhat impossible for the discs (currently available) to have that update present at this moment.

w_n_s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if update 3.4 only came out yesterday (or day before), i can only assume that it will be included only on games that are becoming Release Candidate now, i.e. games that haven't even been pressed yet or are only being pressed now.

I guess it depends on whether Nintendo release the updates to game makers before they make it generally available to the public via automatic updates through the Wii.

Beatchu

Trophies
XP
Country
They'd still have to ask you to update if the game was offline because then you haven't agreed do the auto update thing

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tomazzzi said:
The only game with the 3.4 update is the new NFS right ?
don't know which system menu is on the disc but definitely not 3.4. i guess "3.3v2" + ioses 38, 50 and 55. ios55 is required to play the game.

Vaala

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
aymeric106 said:
Vaala said:
they already have updates via games...

i think the question was an update 'ingame', not when you insert disc ...
I meant more in the way of "insert the disc and start the game" -> "homebrew fucked".

I know some games have IOS with them, but I've assumed that's for the game and/or network abilities etc. I meant like forcing a system menu update or removing homebrew. I was in a hurry when I wrote the post, had to go to the university and have a project presentation (which I passed
lecture.gif
)

And to people saying that "they aren't allowed to force/sneak in an update like that", do you really KNOW that? Or are you just assuming/heard others say it. You have "signed" a contract to this and that, and laws aren't exactly learnt in a day. Might differ from country to country too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases