Hacking Updated US Wii with Mario Strikers. No brick but..

Fangedelic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sao Tome and Principe
I recently put Mario Strikers PAL into my US Wii with WiiKey and it did an update on it. There was no brick but I just heard about this brick problems and was scared about my Wii.

Why did my Wii not brick? I bought my Wii recently and it came with 2.2U. Is that why? And is my Wii totally safe or did the update still do something to it, as in do I still have to worry? Finally, what preventive measures can I do from now on to protect my Wii from bricking?

Thanks guys!

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you put the PAL version of Strikers in your Wii, it added some files to your NAND that have to do with the PAL version of Nintendo's Wii firmware.

If you put in the NTSC-U version of strikers, it probably added some extra stuff that wasn't already on your wii.

To prevent updating your wii via game disks, use Wii Brick Blocker. It's easy, fast, and prevents your Wii from kicking the bucket.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure I understand the question.

Are you asking if it's ok to run the NTSC-U version of Mario Strikers on an NTSC-U Wii that's been updated using the PAL version of Mario Strikers?

If so, yes, you'll be fine.

Fangedelic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sao Tome and Principe
It is the PAL version of Strikers, simply because the NTSC version of Strikers has not been released yet.

So as you were saying, the PAL strikers added some files to the NAND of my US Wii, is there cause for concern. Even though it didnt brick my Wii, will it cause me future trouble?

Fangedelic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sao Tome and Principe
Thanks for your input Tomobobo, appreciate it. But I dont think Ill be trying PAL games for now on, just to be on the safe side haha, or maybe Ill use Wii Brick Blocker.

Any other comments people?

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a PAL machine and have run updates from Super Paper Mario and Pokemon Revolution. I have had no problems at all.

Even if it does write stuff to the NAND i see no evidence that its gonna mess your system up for good. I have not used brickbuster with any of my games at all, and no probs.

As long as you have the latest update for your region, you should be ok.

Fangedelic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sao Tome and Principe
Ah thanks guys. Just need a few more verifications from a 2.2U US Wii getting a PAL update from Strikers to be sure.

dengar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a PAL update when it was already at 2.2U. I then got the NTSC version and shoved it in, worked fine.

albertlgh

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I did a PAL update when it was already at 2.2U. I then got the NTSC version and shoved it in, worked fine.

I semi brick my US wii with PAL Mario striker. How can I resolve this?
Can I just use the NTSC Mario Striker to updated?
How did you done this?
Please help!!! thanks...
bow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: