Updated to Firmware 1.4E

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by declan10000, Oct 19, 2009.

Oct 19, 2009

Updated to Firmware 1.4E by declan10000 at 7:45 PM (939 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. declan10000
    OP

Newcomer declan10000 Newbie

Ireland
    Hi I updated my DSI today with firmware ver. 1.4E. Now my acekard does not work, have tried different updates but still can not get it working. Can somebody give the lay mans way of updating the micro sd and should be i be doing it in a particular order. any help would be great. Thanks

2. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Yup, I'll help. [​IMG] But first here's a background.

"Nintendo sent out a new update for the dsi (#1.4 is the update), which basicly blocks the use of flashcards (Acekard 2i). The people who made the Acekards's went ahead, and made a Acekard update as well, which changes the name of the game icon that pops up on the dsi menu, so that it could still work pass the Nintendo Dsi update. It changes the icon to "Danny Phantom Urban Jungle"

1.Now to update the other card, you must download the update file to run on the Acekard.

2.Put the update file on your Acekard (Micro Memory Card)

3.Put the Acekard in either a Dsi that isnt updated with Nintendo, or a Normal Ds or a ds lite.

4.Run the update file you downloaded

5.Your Acekard should now have the Danny Phantom icon and will play on a dsi updated to nintendos 1.4 update. [​IMG]

Here's the update file, just run it like you would a game.

Acekard 2i Update

3. Fat D

Member Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    You fail. You should have updated your AceKard before updating your DSi. Now you need to find someone with a DSi pre-1.4 or a DS Phat/Lite, and run the 1.4-compatibility updater on there.
    Edit: Ninja'd

4. declan10000
    OP

Ireland
    so is there no point in doing what sora 1234 advises

5. declan10000
    OP

Ireland
    Hey thanks Sora 1234. your advice worked and back up and running. ACE