1. tonioss22

OP tonioss22 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I was wondering if someone could help me, i do have a backup but i would prefer not to use it since it's getting pretty old. So i was on 8.1.0 and i wanted to update. So i got the firmware files and updated to 9.1.0 and it had no problem, i then also update atmosphere to the latest version and now it wont boot, it gives me a error message everytime. If anyone have any idea what is happening, please let me know! Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Try a fresh Atmosphere file, if that doesn't work try the Kosmos file pack. Delete everything you don't need except the Nintendo folder and nand backup if you have any.

3. OperationNT

OperationNT GBAtemp Fan

France
    The classic mistake which triggers this error is that a custom theme is installed. As the custom theme installation is only compatible with the FW at the installation time, if you forgot to remove it, then Atmosphere is using its LayeredFS feature to override some files (*.szs) from home menu with incompatible ones (so home menu is crashing on start leading to this message).
    You can simply remove all "*.szs" files in "/atmosphere" folder to fix the issue.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    ganons and tonioss22 like this.
  4. Resaec

Resaec GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    It is always advised to NOT replace but to remove all atmosphere data from the SDCard and do a fresh "install".
    You may leave your atmosphere configuration files, but they got an overhaul recently...

This also keeps you from having problems like this because of themes that are incompatible after updates and automatically reminds you to update your patches.

5. RAGEstacker

RAGEstacker Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    sorry so you are saying that everytime i update the Emunand via choir i have to recreate a fresh emunand and reinstall all my games?

6. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    no, he's just talking about atmosphere files and such.

as for you, if you had a custom theme installed, delete this folder: 0100000000001000
    It used to be located at /atmosphere/titles/
    but recently, atmosphere moved the directory (and it autocopies the title folders) so you'll likely have to remove it twice. I think the copy is in something like atmosphere/layerdfs or something? just search all the folders in the atmosphere directory, you'll find it

RAGEstacker likes this.
  7. annson24

annson24 The Patient One

Philippines
    Atmosphere/Contents

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

8. tonioss22

OP tonioss22 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Thanks a bunch, that was the error, i did not know that themes were FW Specific. Also sorry for the late reply everyone!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    Resaec and RAGEstacker like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - ChoixDuJourNX, Updated,