Hacking Updated to 7.0 using choidujour, RCM mode now freezes at splash screen

moneshred1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wondering if anyone can help:

I upgraded to 6.2 through choidujour, rebooted and it worked great. I upgrade again to 7.0 w/ choidujour, everything it said was successful, rebooted. Now when I try to go into rcm (using kosmos) it's stuck at the splash screen. I tried reinx and it's also stuck at the splash screen. When I hold the power button it reboots into regular official switch mode fine (and in my settings says I'm on 7.0) someone said delete everything besides the nintendo folder & switch folder and then put kosmos on again yet that didn't work. Also tried fusee, didn't work. My sd is on fat 32. anyone know how to fix this? thanks :)

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
wondering if anyone can help:

I upgraded to 6.2 through choidujour, rebooted and it worked great. I upgrade again to 7.0 w/ choidujour, everything it said was successful, rebooted. Now when I try to go into rcm (using kosmos) it's stuck at the splash screen. I tried reinx and it's also stuck at the splash screen. When I hold the power button it reboots into regular official switch mode fine (and in my settings says I'm on 7.0) someone said delete everything besides the nintendo folder & switch folder and then put kosmos on again yet that didn't work. Also tried fusee, didn't work. My sd is on fat 32. anyone know how to fix this? thanks :)

i'm assuming you're using the latest versions of each CFW, right?

Reactions: moneshred1

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Could be that you lost your exfat support when you updated. format to fat32 and put your files then try injecting payload again.
^ Perhaps this.

When you use ChoiDujourNX to update, you must choose between say, 7.0 and 7.0 (exfat). If you didn't pick the exFAT option, well... yeah.

Reactions: moneshred1

moneshred1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you update hekate.bin in rcmloader dongle
maybe you forgot select exfat 7.01 in update procedure. so format sd card into fat32 and use choidujournx again.
Could be that you lost your exfat support when you updated. format to fat32 and put your files then try injecting payload again.
^ Perhaps this.

When you use ChoiDujourNX to update, you must choose between say, 7.0 and 7.0 (exfat). If you didn't pick the exFAT option, well... yeah.

You guys were right, I reformatted it and it works perfectly now :) thank you guys so much!!!

designgears

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah...that makes sense. Although that would still cause quite a few switch games to be incompatible with FAT32 since they are larger than 4GB. I assume there's no way around that except using ExFAT?

The only time they are an issue is when you want to copy them to your sdcard and install them. That's why we have usb installs and nsp splitting programs. Surprisingly the switch has a method to deal with that, setting the archive bit on a folder that contains the split nsp which makes the folder look like a single file. Basically, everything gets split up internally to work properly on fat32.

Reactions: vgplayer54

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah...that makes sense. Although that would still cause quite a few switch games to be incompatible with FAT32 since they are larger than 4GB. I assume there's no way around that except using ExFAT?
FS (filesystem sysmodule) has this neat feature that allows it the treat split files as a single file, put split pieces of a file in a folder with those split pieces being named 00, 01, 02, etc, do some shit with the archive bit and FS should treat it as a single file with the name of the file being the name of the folder with the split pieces.The Switch does this on it’s own regardless of whether you’re using exfat or fat32, so Switching from exfat to fat32 should be pretty simple

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.