Hacking Updated to 1.5 and problems

cmonster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just updated AKAIO to 1.5 and all of my subfolders within my "Game" folder and half of my games and saves got corrupted. Attempting to run chkdsk just deleted all of those files.

So what I want to know is to know what happened so I could prevent this from happening again.

cmonster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And.. what exactly does that have to do with my problem? The files corrupted, they were deleted off the card completely. They are lost. I can't get them back.

Is it a current trend to post stuff without reading on this board?

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That is why we backup our game saves you know.
tongue.gif
Possibly next time you could reformat your card before putting on new firmware. (this is a suggestion as this has never happened to me)

Nope its not a current trend its a trend by newbs/noobs. More likely noobs.
tongue.gif

cmonster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The lamest thing is, I DID backup my saves. Well, I thought I did. I copied and pasted my whole Games directory on to my desktop. After reformatting the SD card with the Panasonic reformatter, the folder on my desktop disappeared with it(lol wut? I know).

I lost some big play times but luckily I had another folder backed up from few months ago so I guess it's not THAT bad. Still pretty irritating.

cmonster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jabjab said:
doesn't sound like anything to do with akaio

Maybe, maybe not. All I know is that the problem didn't happen until I upgraded to 1.5. Acekard 2 has given me some funky problems and sometimes I regret not paying extra to get CycloDS.

Anyways, a totally different problem:

I have a DSX. I'm trying to convert my Hotel Dusk save from DSX so that it is playable on my Acekard. I've used http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php to convert the save but it will NOT work for some reason. I have used this site before to convert all my old DSX saves and they've all worked except the Hotel Dusk save.

I know for a fact that the Hotel Dusk save works on the DSX itself (just tried it right now). Tried both .nds.sav and .sav extensions on Acekard and still do not work.

I've tried testing with my other saves from my DSX on my Acekard and they all work. I'm guessing Hotel Dusk is just weird with saves. Is there a way to get around this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F