Updated Luma and now all my installed CIAs are gone.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by blazingwolf, Sep 10, 2019 at 9:02 PM.

1. blazingwolf
    OP

blazingwolf GBAtemp Fan

Jul 30, 2007
    United States
    So in preparation to update my console to 11.10, I ran the Luma Updater on my console, I updated the Updater itself, then Luma3DS from 9.2 to Luma 10. After doing these steps and rebooting, I enabled Game Patches and Autoboot Emunand from the menu, it brought me to the 3DS screen but all my installed CIAs are gone, all that remains in the Homebrew Launcher and FBI to install CIAs with. I guess I don't realize what updating Luma3DS does. Did I somehow create a new blank emunand to boot from? Is it possible to switch back to my old one? I haven't touched anything else on my 3DS. So I imagine the files are still there.

2. blazingwolf
    OP

blazingwolf GBAtemp Fan

Jul 30, 2007
    United States
    Solved by disabling emuNAND autoboot, I guess I forgot I was modifying SysNAND instead.

Ryccardo likes this.
  3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    If you want to get rid of your emunand, simply copy all files on the SD to a computer, then repartition and reformat (in FAT32) your card as appropriate (using godmode9 or appropriate software for your PC) then copy the files back - not only you'll get some more free space and hide the emunand options in Luma, but you'll also defragment the card of all the gaps that you probably got by adding and removing files over the years! :)