Updated Firmware to 11.6 before updating Luma3DS to 11.0

jigsaw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newbie here. So I updated to Firmware 11.6 without realizing or even checking if there was an updated version of Luma3DS

Will this cause an issue if I try to update Luma3DS to newest version?

Everything I've read has said to update Luma before updating the Firmware. I couldn't find anything about anyone who's updated the Firmware before updating Luma either. Any help or guidance is much appreciated

Thank you!

_FN10_

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Newbie here. So I updated to Firmware 11.6 without realizing or even checking if there was an updated version of Luma3DS

Will this cause an issue if I try to update Luma3DS to newest version?

Everything I've read has said to update Luma before updating the Firmware. I couldn't find anything about anyone who's updated the Firmware before updating Luma either. Any help or guidance is much appreciated

Thank you!
You should be fine unless they say that you cant

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I updated to Firmware 11.6
I think you will find that the current firmware is 11.16. It is important to be precise about these things.

I couldn't find anything about anyone who's updated the Firmware before updating Luma either.
Lots of people have done that accidentally; it can produce various ambiguous error messages that lots of people have already posted about. Fortunately not every firmware update requires a new version of Luma.

How do you update Luma...?
Just copy the newest boot.firm to the root directory of your SD card. I think there are still updaters available, but that's really all they do anyway.

(It used to be important to update the version of Luma in the NAND, but the latest versions of Luma do that automatically too.)

Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or well somewhat