Homebrew RELEASE Updated Firmware Dumper

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
As per the title, this is a modded firmware dumper that is able to get a firmware dump from your switch nand and the dump should be compatible with Daybreak or ChoiDujourNX.

I got the original code from here: https://github.com/J-D-K/biggestDump

It's been heavily modded from the git page though and is now compatible with the latest AtmosphereNX and SXOS. Tested on firmware from 9.xx to 12.0.1.

Enjoy.

Oktnc9Z.jpg

Github Page added:
https://github.com/mrdude2478/Switch-Firmware-Dumper

Attachments

• Firmware-Dumper.zip
    599.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited by mrdude,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As this is an application based on code licensed under GPLv3, you are required to provide the appropriate license file and source. The file can be rehosted once those missing elements are added to your package.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
As this is an application based on code licensed under GPLv3, you are required to provide the appropriate license file and source. The file can be rehosted once those missing elements are added to your package.
No worries, I rewrote most of the code - and only really used the console code. I'll just make some new code and use plutonium for the interface instead and repost when I am done.

Reactions: peteruk

JK_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No worries, I rewrote most of the code - and only really used the console code. I'll just make some new code and use plutonium for the interface instead and repost when I am done.
Yeah, I doubt that. Libnx has it's own console for you to use. There's no reason to use mine at all if you rewrote most of it anyway.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Yeah, I doubt that. Libnx has it's own console for you to use. There's no reason to use mine at all if you rewrote most of it anyway.

I know that, I just downloaded your code to really have a look at it - it was ok, but had some issues and you hadn't updated for over a year so the app didn't work on people with newer firmware or using atmosphere. Maybe you can update your own code and the app and post it yourself.
Still thanks for posting it - it was good to see how you used threading and mounted the system partition. All the other stuff such as copying/moving/renaming/getting file sizes etc - I already knew how to do.

yyoossk

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I know that, I just downloaded your code to really have a look at it - it was ok, but had some issues and you hadn't updated for over a year so the app didn't work on people with newer firmware or using atmosphere. Maybe you can update your own code and the app and post it yourself.
Still thanks for posting it - it was good to see how you used threading and mounted the system partition. All the other stuff such as copying/moving/renaming/getting file sizes etc - I already knew how to do.
please tell me download link

Inaki

Trophies
XP
Country
Very good work ! so this is like tegraexplorer_RCM but without needing the keys and must be run as a normal homebrew instead of as an RCM payload. Am I right ?

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Very good work ! so this is like tegraexplorer_RCM but without needing the keys and must be run as a normal homebrew instead of as an RCM payload. Am I right ?
No it's just a regular homebrew app, you don't need any keys.

OP updated, some console stuff changed and code mods.

Still to do - when removing a previously dumped firmware folder - this should probably be run on it's own thread, I'll change that when I get time, it's not a big deal though as it doesn't take long to delete that folder.

Last edited by mrdude,

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Hello! Update it please to FW 12.0.2 support.
Btw it can dump only already installed OFW firmware, not a pending (that was downloaded but not installed) one?
It already can dump 12.0.2 firmware. Pending firmware dumps are pointless as they don't contain the full set of firmware files due to updates being incremental. You need to update fully - then dump the full firmware. I won't change the app anymore unless libnx needs it in the future.

Last edited by mrdude,

w350922439

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
hello,how to use Firmware Dumper to dump the update firmware.I saw it already in setting.but Firmware Dumper only can dump currect Firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction