Hacking Updated A9LH guide question

Mike_77712

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question about the updated A9LH install guide (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki), i'm a little confused: If i already have Luma3ds, a sysnand 9.2.0-20U, FBI injected into H&S, a way to get into homebrew launcher and decrypt9WIP can i skip from part 1 to Part 2 - 2.1.0 ctrtransfer? I stopped the guide after injecting FBI into H&S

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. You would start here, at the ctrtransfer stage. Unless you already have A9LH, you need to grab your OTP keys. For this, you need to be in system version 2.1 (or 2.2, but let's just say 2.1 only for the purpose of this guide). The ctrtransfer transfers a 2.1 image to your system, so you can grab your console-specific OTP key to be able to install A9LH.

Mike_77712

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. You would start here, at the ctrtransfer stage. Unless you already have A9LH, you need to grab your OTP keys. For this, you need to be in system version 2.1 (or 2.2, but let's just say 2.1 only for the purpose of this guide). The ctrtransfer transfers a 2.1 image to your system, so you can grab your console-specific OTP key to be able to install A9LH.
Thanks :D, just wanted to be sure so i could be as safe as possible. I'l get started

Diddlyuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to piggyback on your thread but im a tad confused on the guide too. At what point in the guide does Luma install? It tells you to download the zip but only take one bin from it?

Edit 1: Ignore this - i'll make my own thread, with blackjack and hookers

Edit 2: Ignore the last one - only 1 thread per 24 hours and i used my quota to say hello!

Last edited by Diddlyuk,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to piggyback on your thread but im a tad confused on the guide too. At what point in the guide does Luma install? It tells you to download the zip but only take one bin from it?

Edit 1: Ignore this - i'll make my own thread, with blackjack and hookers

Edit 2: Ignore the last one - only 1 thread per 24 hours and i used my quota to say hello!

You don't "install" Luma, per se. You put the Luma3DS armhaxloader.bin onto the root of your SD card in part 3 of the new (current) guide. Once you have completed the guide, your 3DS will autoboot that file. After that, for all intents and purposes, Luma3DS is just the armhaxloader.bin file.

In the older, previous, guide you would be using Luma3DS a lot sooner, and launching it via the HomeBrew Launcher. However that is no longer relevant.

Lastly, you would typically ask these questions in the 3DS Noob Paradise Thread.

Last edited by OrGoN3, , Reason: added the link to the 3DS Noob Paradise Thread

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.