Hacking updated 7.0 on the emuNAND, and...............

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
I want to believe that porting patches (3DS ROMS support on 7.0) doesn't equal to regular emuNAND support (official apps working) for the current FW.

Then the guy who has his R4i working on 7.0 is a lucky user, because 3DSLink is exactly the same as the R4i branded cart.

There may be something buggy with the official update as the other user stated.

By the way, you should tell us what ROM were you trying to load.

i was trying to load luigis mansion 2 EUR.

kyomagi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what are the other bugs on 7.0? If I create an image of my SD card and try out 7.0, I cal always go back to 6.3 right? Or should I use a different SD card to flash to 7.0

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So what are the other bugs on 7.0? If I create an image of my SD card and try out 7.0, I cal always go back to 6.3 right? Or should I use a different SD card to flash to 7.0

You can use the same SD if you made a backup already. I did this exactly; updated, didn't like the update, went back to 6.3.

HellMike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Updated my Emunand :
- E-shop KO
- Miiverse KO

But games still OK, even the latests : I'm playing Zelda on the GW card right now.

sonic2756

Friendly Neighborhood Wolf
Trophies
Website
www.keenbrigade.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming that in order to get games working you're going to have to make a new emuNAND on 4.x, then update to 7.x from that. Currently don't have my 3DS with me to test but I will in ~2 hours.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
E-shop isnt working either on realnand 7.0

eShop is literally not working on emuNAND, the issue is not related to Nintendo Servers, it has been stated before that updated apps are not compatible on emuNAND with current GW's launcher.

earny

Trophies
XP
Country
France
eShop is literally not working on emuNAND, the issue is not related to Nintendo Servers, it has been stated before that updated apps are not compatible on emuNAND with current GW's launcher.

i have Two 3DS : 1 up to date 7.0 and another 4.5 and i was using my up to date 3DS

Jay L

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I knew this was going to happen, that's why when the gateway 2.0 beta came out I went into the eshop and downloaded everything I wanted except for the DLC to phoenix wright which I now really regret; I probably should have downloaded pokemon while I was at it cause who knows if it'll ever run as a rom (though I believe if I bought a retail version of pokemon I should be able to play it using gateway 2.0b; correct?)

Its reasonable to assume the Gateway team new about this update and its implications, which is why they finally and suddenly released their (fairly buggy) beta when they did; had they waited another 2 weeks everything they had been working on would have just been useless (This is just a educated guess but no small tweak to the gateway firmware is going to allow things like eshop aceess again).
I'm not sure exactly what coding changes were made on the new firmware, but I have a feeling it will be no small feat, or even be possible at all, to get Gateway working on the new firmware in the way it was, even if the gateway team started from scratch its fairly likely that the exploit that allowed emuNAND to work and give you eshop accessin the way it did has been fixed.

I don't fully understand nintendos perspective; if I want to spend money in their ehop they should let me. I guess their doing it as a way to discourage people from buy flashcarts in general (which is such a tiny percent of 3ds owners) so it seems like their biting off their nose to spite their face.

As games come out that require the 7.0+ firmware this whole thing may be a huge problem. Que sera, sera.

BTW: Since emunand relies on the SD cart, couldn't someone have one SD cart with the 6.xx firmware and another one with the new 7.0 firmware? In other words, if someone updates, as long as they use a different SD card there should be no reason they couldn't swap back to the 6.xx firmware.

Also, if you forgot to upgrade you don't need the newer firmware to play the newer games as far as I know, I have a different 3DS that only has the 4.4 firmware and using gateway 2.0b it runs the new Zelda game perfectly.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't fully understand nintendos perspective; if I want to spend money in their ehop they should let me. I guess their doing it as a way to discourage people from buy flashcarts in general (which is such a tiny percent of 3ds owners) so it seems like their biting off their nose to spite their face
Because you should totally just let hackers loose on your online ecosystem. Sony and Microsoft do just that, right?

smealum

growing up sucks.
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
I knew this was going to happen, that's why when the gateway 2.0 beta came out I went into the eshop and downloaded everything I wanted except for the DLC to phoenix wright which I now really regret; I probably should have downloaded pokemon while I was at it cause who knows if it'll ever run as a rom (though I believe if I bought a retail version of pokemon I should be able to play it using gateway 2.0b; correct?)

Its reasonable to assume the Gateway team new about this update and its implications, which is why they finally and suddenly released their (fairly buggy) beta when they did; had they waited another 2 weeks everything they had been working on would have just been useless (This is just a educated guess but no small tweak to the gateway firmware is going to allow things like eshop aceess again).
I'm not sure exactly what coding changes were made on the new firmware, but I have a feeling it will be no small feat, or even be possible at all, to get Gateway working on the new firmware in the way it was, even if the gateway team started from scratch its fairly likely that the exploit that allowed emuNAND to work and give you eshop accessin the way it did has been fixed.

I don't fully understand nintendos perspective; if I want to spend money in their ehop they should let me. I guess their doing it as a way to discourage people from buy flashcarts in general (which is such a tiny percent of 3ds owners) so it seems like their biting off their nose to spite their face.

As games come out that require the 7.0+ firmware this whole thing may be a huge problem. Que sera, sera.

BTW: Since emunand relies on the SD cart, couldn't someone have one SD cart with the 6.xx firmware and another one with the new 7.0 firmware? In other words, if someone updates, as long as they use a different SD card there should be no reason they couldn't swap back to the 6.xx firmware.

Also, if you forgot to upgrade you don't need the newer firmware to play the newer games as far as I know, I have a different 3DS that only has the 4.4 firmware and using gateway 2.0b it runs the new Zelda game perfectly.
no.

updating nand redirection patches for 7.0 is trivial, GW will probably update their solution soon.
to be clear : as far as I can tell, there are no countermeasure, it's just that some shit's changed places so you have to update your code... but that's it.

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
So if I got a new 3ds on 4.5 and a brand new unused GW card......what roms can I play at this point? and using what version of GW 1.2 or 2.0?
I`m only interested in playing a few roms, strictly for offline use.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So if I got a new 3ds on 4.5 and a brand new unused GW card......what roms can I play at this point? and using what version of GW 1.2 or 2.0?
Gateway 2.0 -- And you can play any ROMs aside from Animal Crossing and Pokémon X/Y.
The problem lies in emuNAND functionality now, which is primarily used to play *retail* cartridges and browing the eShop.

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
With GW 2.0 you can play everything except for Pokemon and Animal Crossing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up