Hacking update???

Kris1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
So, a few months ago i was able to go on the eshop and redownload titles etc etc etc, but i just tried going in the eshop and it's telling me to update the console? by the way i removed automatic updates by removing the folder, if that helps, was there a new update or something i missed on??

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only stayed on 5.5.1 because I'm lazy. also not sure if the self-host for 5.5.1 still works on the latest firmware. I have the files on my phone and pc in case I were to ever need them again. I have a second wii u (also on 5.5.1, but it was on 5.3.2 when that was the latest hackable) in storage that I'll use if my first wii u ever breaks.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only stayed on 5.5.1 because I'm lazy. also not sure if the self-host for 5.5.1 still works on the latest firmware. I have the files on my phone and pc in case I were to ever need them again. I have a second wii u (also on 5.5.1, but it was on 5.3.2 when that was the latest hackable) in storage that I'll use if my first wii u ever breaks.
If you don't have Haxchi installed and you're reliant on the browser exploit, Indexiine is the way to go. It self-hosts the exploit in the browser settings, so you have an easy-to-use browser exploit "self-hosted" on the Wii U without the need for an internet connection.

Eventually, FailST will (probably) be released, removing the need for Haxchi or the browser after the initial setup. It'll allow us to turn the Health and Safety app into a homebrew/CFW launcher, and we should be able to setup the Wii U to coldboot into the Health and Safety app as well.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
still not going to update though. there's no reason to.
But there is also no reason not to :rofl2:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you don't have Haxchi installed and you're reliant on the browser exploit, Indexiine is the way to go. It self-hosts the exploit in the browser settings, so you have an easy-to-use browser exploit "self-hosted" on the Wii U without the need for an internet connection.

Eventually, FailST will (probably) be released, removing the need for Haxchi or the browser after the initial setup. It'll allow us to turn the Health and Safety app into a homebrew/CFW launcher, and we should be able to setup the Wii U to coldboot into the Health and Safety app as well.
In regards indexiine it only works for me like 3 in every 10 attempts. The proper browser exploit works about 99 out of a hundred for me. So personally I wouldn't recommend indexiine. But other users might have a better experience with it than I have :rofl2:

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But there is also no reason not to :rofl2:

In regards indexiine it only works for me like 3 in every 10 attempts. The proper browser exploit works about 99 out of a hundred for me. So personally I wouldn't recommend indexiine. But other users might have a better experience with it than I have :rofl2:
You might have something setup improperly, because it works 99-100% of the time on each Wii U I've put it on. On paper, it should work exactly as well as the browser exploit that's copied.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know I have tried installing it a few times and never had much luck with it.
I'd suggest removing Indexiine if you still have it installed, resetting the browser settings, and trying to boot (a few times) just the normal browser exploit Indexiine uses (u.wiidb.de). If you can get it to boot consistently, then I'd install Indexiine again.

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd suggest removing Indexiine if you still have it installed, resetting the browser settings, and trying to boot (a few times) just the normal browser exploit Indexiine uses (u.wiidb.de). If you can get it to boot consistently, then I'd install Indexiine again.
I will give it a try later once I am back from work. Although I'm not sure I can call it work today as I am just sitting about playing games on my phone lol.

Reactions: Lacius

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've updated. one thing though, when I checked mocha to make sure I was on 5.5.5, exiting out of system settings caused the mocha splash screen to appear followed by the wii u screen. it seemed to get stuck on the wii u screen.

yep, it gets stuck on that screen when exiting system settings in mocha requiring a power off from the console power button. must be a bug with mocha or else it needs to be updated.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've updated. one thing though, when I checked mocha to make sure I was on 5.5.5, exiting out of system settings caused the mocha splash screen to appear followed by the wii u screen. it seemed to get stuck on the wii u screen.

yep, it gets stuck on that screen when exiting system settings in mocha requiring a power off from the console power button. must be a bug with mocha or else it needs to be updated.
Hmm interesting not sure what has happened there as I have the mocha splash disabled.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is that launchimage?

alright, launchimage does disable the splash screen, but it doesn't fix the problem. the gamepad goes black after a few moments, then it shows the wii u logo and doesn't proceed from there.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is that launchimage?

alright, launchimage does disable the splash screen, but it doesn't fix the problem. the gamepad goes black after a few moments, then it shows the wii u logo and doesn't proceed from there.
I've seen this issue when there have been problems with the SD card. Do you have the same issue with a different SD card?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, nothing is wrong with the sd card.

I need to see someone's config.ini if they don't have this issue to see if it's a setting.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, nothing is wrong with the sd card.

I need to see someone's config.ini if they don't have this issue to see if it's a setting.
I will post my config later once I am back from work. Although I'm not sure I can call it work today as I am just sitting about playing games on my phone.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY